Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know. Yes, it's another update question. I promised myself that I would never ask about updates, but lots of people are talking about how much they like the latest version. I'm pretty sure I'm at least a couple of versions behind, on 2024.3.25. So yes, I have no self-control, and I'm going to ask what the current version is which will also make me wonder why I don't have it. It's a rabbit hole, but I can't seem to get a feel for how Tesla rolls out updates.

A lot of people, including me (two cars), are on 2024.3.25. It includes the latest version of FSD, so don’t worry about it. When Tesla decides it’s your turn, you’ll probably get the latest 2024.14.x version, which has the same version of FSD you have now.

A lot of people, including me (two cars), are on 2024.3.25. It includes the latest version of FSD, so don’t worry about it. When Tesla decides it’s your turn, you’ll probably get the latest 2024.14.x version, which has the same version of FSD you have now.
I don't think so. I did have FSD 12.3 for a short time during the free trial month. I subscribed at the new low monthly rate, and my phone now shows v11.1(2024.3.25). And the car no longer performs as well as it did while I had the free trial version. For example, it now stops for green lights and no longer pays attention to speed limits. In other words, it sucks.

I don't think so. I did have FSD 12.3 for a short time during the free trial month. I subscribed at the new low monthly rate, and my phone now shows v11.1(2024.3.25). And the car no longer performs as well as it did while I had the free trial version. For example, it now stops for green lights and no longer pays attention to speed limits. In other words, it sucks.
Then you haven’t set it up correctly. After trial it defaults to all off. Set it up correctly and it will work.

I know. Yes, it's another update question. I promised myself that I would never ask about updates, but lots of people are talking about how much they like the latest version. I'm pretty sure I'm at least a couple of versions behind, on 2024.3.25. So yes, I have no self-control, and I'm going to ask what the current version is which will also make me wonder why I don't have it. It's a rabbit hole, but I can't seem to get a feel for how Tesla rolls out updates.
There is more than one software stack for the fleet of vehicles, and once you are in one stack, you tend to be stuck there until a major (spring, or fall, or holiday) update that re-merges all the cars to one common version. The versions never go backwards.

You are currently on the same version as me. I have a 2023 MYP, and I use FSD. Cars on this stack happened to get FSD 12.3 first, and there were various bug fixes and revisions to get us to 12.3.4. Looking for a while on Teslafi stats, about 36% of the cars in the fleet ended up where we are, with FSD 12.3.4.

But there was about 49% of the fleet that were already past the software version that supported FSD 12, and those cars could not 'go backwards' in software to get 12.3. They had to wait, and it appears Tesla put all their recent efforts into getting the newest software stack ready to support FSD 12.3.4, and they achieved that with software 2024.14.5, then quickly 14.6. Then there was a huge push to get that 49% onto FSD 12.3.4 and a 1-month free trial. Suddenly that stopped a couple of days ago, and the new .7 came out. I suspect some big bug fix that had to be addressed immediately, and I suspect the big rollout will continue. About half the people on 2024.14 have already got the latest FSD 12,3,4, and the rest (other than Cybertruck) will get it 'soon'.

My guess is that once everyone has FSD 12.3.4 (except Cybertruck), that we on 2024.3.25 will get an update to either 2024.14.7 or a 14.8 so well all have the spring update. There are a bunch of new features in there that I want.

The v11.1 is the UI version, not the FSD version. You have FSD v12.6.3, same as me. Which software version (not FSD version) did you have during the free trial?