Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no FSD (supervised) for those cars stuck on software branch 2024.8.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, but Tesla hasn’t pushed 2024.14.x to either of our cars. Both are still on 2024.3.25. Lots of other owners in the same boat.
Still ~40% of the US/CAN fleet is on 3.25. ~27% of the worldwide fleet which is lower % as only US/CAN got 3.x branch.
But every day more 3.25 people are being moved to 14.x.
The rate was speeding up when it seemed Tesla was happy with 14.8 and moving a lot of cars per day for 3-4 days straight. But every time they do a bug fix the rate of 3.25 moving slows as Tesla prioritizes moving 14.x people off of the buggy version to the latest. 14.9 is out now and so far no 3.25 cars have moved straight to 14.9 but I believe if Tesla finds 14.9 fairly stable the rate will increase again.
40% of cars is still way too many to be the OG FSD group that will be held back to get 9.x and FSD 12.4.x. Lots more 3.25 will move to 14.x over the next few weeks. We also know 2024.20.x is in testing so some may jump straight to that.

Note: All my data is from TeslaFi so just a rough estimate but still a good sample size. A little less accurate for the N. American fleet % as the only way I can get that number is looking at the cars similar to mine in similar location which TeslaFi labels as Latest Software Comparison.