Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MX bricked after frantic "Unable to Charge - service is required" alerts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Thursday while I was driving a short distance from home my 2022 MX started frantically sending dozens of alerts "Unable to charge - service is required" (over and over). I thought it was a software glitch because I tested and I was able to charge using my wall charger.

Well, the next day the car is dead so I called Tesla roadside who sent a tow truck to my house (car was in the garage). First thing I saw was the 12V died so the tow truck got the hood open and got power to the 12V (main battery was still at 80%). Now I'm like - it was the 12v... which I had issues with my previous MX.

The strange thing after was the car would not shift into any gear including neutral. It would not allow the car to be put into tow mode either (button was grayed out). After trying to restart and try multiple things - the guy had to leave as his tow was a tow bed. Tesla roadside sends a different tow that lifts the car up on wheels and sends it to the service center.

The service center has had the car since Friday it's apparently taking them a while to fix - which seems so bizarre. They thought it would be done Monday, then needed more time on Tuesday, and now they're trying to fix it by end of day today.

Any ideas what may be going on?