Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

240V outlet bad ground?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ted'sla

2024 MYLR in MSM
Jan 20, 2024
Rosharon, Texas
Qmerit installed my free 240V outlet with my Bolt EUV purchase and it worked fine with my Siemens VersiCharge AND my dual-voltage Chevy charger both with my EUV and with the Tesla-included adapter in my MYLR. However, after a couple of months of successful charging of my Y, I started to get error messages that first indicated my Tesla cannot communicate with it and then that it might be a ground issue. I tried the Chevy charger again and the ready/charging blue light almost immediately went amber (bad ground from what I could find online) before I even tried to insert the J3400 adapter into the NACS port. Since my home was still under builder warranty, I had their guy come out to find nothing wrong with the breakers and he couldn't explain the bad ground...which he said was not. Two chargers that used to work fine and now only to the extent that they show power, but not capable of charging. Before I have to pay someone who's not trying to save my builder money, does anyone have any ideas about my schizophrenic outlet? Did the Qmerit installer use substandard components? (It was installed just inches from the panel, so it's not a long throw, but could be a cheap outlet or wires.) Thank you in advance.