Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Shift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. 2023 MSP. (But) 2024.14.6. Backed into garage. Put into Park. Took seatbelt off, then on. Depressed brake. Car went into FRWD. Drove down street. Pulled nose into a driveway. Put foot on BRAKE. TURN WHEEL slightly. Car went into REVS. Backed onto street. Put foot on BRAKE. TURN WHEEL slightly. Car went into FWRD. So HOLD BRAKE and TURN WHEEL is the method to get it to shift. 👍

Yes. 2023 MSP. (But) 2024.14.6. Backed into garage. Put into Park. Took seatbelt off, then on. Depressed brake. Car went into FRWD. Drove down street. Pulled nose into a driveway. Put foot on BRAKE. TURN WHEEL slightly. Car went into REVS. Backed onto street. Put foot on BRAKE. TURN WHEEL slightly. Car went into FWRD. So HOLD BRAKE and TURN WHEEL is the method to get it to shift. 👍
Thanks. I just tried how you explained it and could not get it to work. Strange. I'm on 2024.14.6 too. I have a 2022 MSLR.

Confirm you see this in car?

FullSizeRender.jpeg

What happens when you think it's going to back-up, but it goes forward?

Ji-Chang-Son-Tesla-Crash.jpg

I'll stick with the old fashion way, seems a lot simpler.

Reactions: Ciaopec
Thanks for the effort with taking the pic. Unfortunately, I do not see that. I just have the standard auto shift toggle. I have the 14.6, which is what you said you're running. It's weird. .At least I know why I can't get it to work now. I am a big auto shift fan so was pleased when I saw they were going to make it better.
Heck if I know what “Certain Circumstances “ are?

IMG_7096.jpeg

What happens when you think it's going to back-up, but it goes forward?

View attachment 1047919
I am quite sure that that accident was due to thinking the foot was on the brake when it was actually on the accelerator. And would have been prevented by the "Obstacle-Aware Acceleration" setting.

But, of course, your point is still a valid one. I have, more than once, thought I that the car had been switched to the other direction when it was still in the same direction due to a failed swipe on the display. Fortunately, I was pressing the accelerator gently, not hard.

Thanks for the effort with taking the pic. Unfortunately, I do not see that. I just have the standard auto shift toggle. I have the 14.6, which is what you said you're running. It's weird. .At least I know why I can't get it to work now. I am a big auto shift fan so was pleased when I saw they were going to make it better.
Do your release notes in the car show the release note in the previous reply? If so, try rebooting and see if the feature appears.