Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car is dead after unplugging at supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(1) I have an issue with my (Dec) 2014 P85D, Tesla says water in rear motor, current issue: vehicle air suspension is slammed, is there a way to turn on the air compressor while in service mode, I do t see that setting?
u can rig up ur own pigtail (schematics are free at tesla.com) to activate air suspension solenoids but u need to fill reservoir manually,
compressor won't come on if u got no HV...
(2) Purchased Tesla parts from a place in North Carolina in Oct 2020 (Russ) and invoice does not have the VIN of donor vehicle, trying to certify the vehicle in my jurisdiction but this place is not responding. Is there a log of vehicles purchased from copart/iaai/etc
if u talking about 057tech business then its been bought by other company n that company now out of business...

@airborne spoon how's the fix going?
No updates, last thing was what he said last Thurs. But I'm pretty sure they dont work weekends so it's only been a couple days.

"Getting conflicting readings on testing but trying to get some consistency on the suspected fault areas before removal. Don't expect it to be so intermittent"

If I don't hear anything by the end of week I'll shoot him a message.

Reactions: NV Ray
@airborne spoon how's the fix going?
Thank you for asking.

I did look up the schematic for the air suspension, it's like an ancient language. I definitely require a buddy system, to correctly figure it out.

Recently found my old compressor, 3rd party repair shop said I needed one, I asked for the old one, upon inspection today, noticed the part number is scraped which is odd, this car was previously a Tesla Ranger vehicle, maybe this was to pad the invoice.
To life the car, a friend suggested I use a hijack to lift my vehicle from the rim, which is what I did, includes some damage to the rim, lifted one side, got a jack under that corner and axle stand for safety. Then I went under the vehicle found a subframe bolt, near opposite tire and jacked it up.

Put lumber under the tires, both rear tires are jacked up.

I have a Craftsman Air compressor that maxes out to 140psi, the Continental reservoir has a maximum of 150 psi, I could put air in manually, and supply necessary voltage to the 4 pins to raise each corner.

Then I can tow the vehicle to shops use a hoist and make the job go much faster vs working on the floor.

I'd like to fix the Large Drive Unit or check the HV cables for ingress of water.

Searching for a Fluke 1503 Insulation Tester to see what's broken.

Tesla wanted 12k to replace LDU with a Refurb unit plus new HV cables. Can't go that route, not reasonable!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430-222939.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430-222939.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240526_000303.jpg
    IMG_20240526_000303.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: NV Ray