Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

In these graphs you can see the loss of ice in Antarctica and Greenland over the years from 2000 to our days.
Wish to remind that we are taking the risk of the collapse of the Amoc (Atlantic meridional overturning circulation) and the Gulf Stream because of the loss of ice.
Then, as I said in my previous posts, the loss of ice and snow reduces the ALBEDO of the Earth which consequently increases both the Globally Absorbed Solar Radiation by the Earth and the Energy Imbalance caused by the GHE.

The concentration of all GHGs (Carbon Dioxide CO2, Methane CH4, Nitrous Oxide NO) in the atmosphere is rising, as it can be seen in the reported graphs, and is getting new records.

CO2 422 ppm (parts per million)
CH4 1927 ppb (parts per billion)
NO 337 ppb (parts per billion)

We have the confirmation of the records for atmospheric Carbon Dioxide CO2 and Methane CH4 at January 2024.
CO2 is 52% above pre-industrial period.
Methane is 170% above pre-industrial period.

The ESA Earth Observation Department says that the world’s permafrost holds almost double the current amount of carbon in the atmosphere. This is a HUGE AMOUNT OF CARBON.
When permafrost warms and thaws, it releases methane and carbon dioxide, worsening global warming.
Atmospheric Methane CH4 is already at record values (170% above pre-industrial period and is a GHG 80 times more powerful than CO2) and is responsible of one third and 0.5C of Current Warming.
If permafrost, holding double the current amount of Carbon which is in the atmosphere, would start thawing and releasing in the atmosphere Methane CH4 and Carbon Dioxide CO2 we will have a Global Disaster IMO.
This is a really dangerous situation to be kept STRITCLY UNDER CONTROL.

Last edited:
Or we could stop eating meat and let 70% of farmland rewild
Actually the feedback loop produced by the lowering ALBEDO is another thing. It's a side result of the GHE which increases the Energy Imbalance of the Earth in a completely independent way.
I mean that if we also decreased the atmospheric GHGs concentration we would still have the Energy Imbalance of the Earth increasing because of the lowered ALBEDO.
We need not only to decrease the atmospheric GHGs concentration but also to create again the ice and snow we had at the pre-industrial period and get same ALBEDO we had at that time to work out the Climate Change issue.

Actually the feedback loop produced by the lowering ALBEDO is another thing. It's a side result of the GHE which increases the Energy Imbalance of the Earth in a completely independent way.
I mean that if we also decreased the atmospheric GHGs concentration we would still have the Energy Imbalance of the Earth increasing because of the lowered ALBEDO.
We need not only to decrease the atmospheric GHGs concentration but also to create again the ice and snow we had at the pre-industrial period and get same ALBEDO we had at that time to work out the Climate Change issue.
One theory of the "little ice age" (16th to 19th centuries) is that the plague and epidemics in the Americas killed lots of people so that agricultural land was reclaimed by rewilding.

From Wikipedia:
Decreases in the human population (such as from the massacres by Genghis Khan, Black Death and the epidemics emerging in the Americas upon European contact[12][13]).

Reactions: DrGriz
One theory of the "little ice age" (16th to 19th centuries) is that the plague and epidemics in the Americas killed lots of people so that agricultural land was reclaimed by rewilding.

From Wikipedia:
Decreases in the human population (such as from the massacres by Genghis Khan, Black Death and the epidemics emerging in the Americas upon European contact[12][13]).
Report this post of mine took by another thread to better explain the feedback loop caused by the lowering ALBEDO.

I would like to point out an important aspect of the GHE that is not so much considered.
Because of the GHE the Earth warms and the snow and ice, reflecting the light, melt.
This means that the reflectivity (ALBEDO) of the Earth decreases and less energy is reflected as light and more energy is absorbed from the Earth and reflected as Infrared rays.
This way a feedback loop originates which makes increase the ENERGY IMBALANCE of the Earth, 90% of which is absorbed by the Oceans, caused by the Green House Effect.
So not only we have to lower the atmospheric GHGs concentration, but we must also get out of this evil feedback loop making increase the energy imbalance caused by the GHE by allowing the ice and snow that we had at the pre-industrial period be created again to get same value of ALBEDO that we had at that time to work out the Climate Change issue.
It's an HARD WORK!

Last edited:
Report this post of mine took by another thread to better explain the feedback loop caused by the lowering ALBEDO.

To this concern I would like to point out an important aspect of the GHE that is not so much considered.
Because of the GHE the Earth warms and the snow and ice, reflecting the light, melt.
This means that the reflectivity (ALBEDO) of the Earth decreases and less energy is reflected as light and more energy is absorbed from the Earth and reflected as Infrared rays.
This way a feedback loop originates which makes increase the ENERGY IMBALANCE of the Earth, 90% of which is absorbed by the Oceans, caused by the Green House Effect.
So not only we have to lower GHGs emissions but we must also get out of this evil feedback loop making increase the energy imbalance caused by the GHE.
It's an HARD WORK!
It is suggested that during the Little Ice Age, increased deforestation had enough effect on the Earth's albedo (reflectiveness) to cause regional and global temperature decreases. Changes in albedo were caused by widespread deforestation at high latitudes, which exposed more snow cover and thus increased reflectiveness of the Earth's surface, as land was cleared for agricultural use. The theory implies that over the course of the Little Ice Age, enough land was cleared to make deforestation a possible cause of climate change.[184]

Reactions: Raffy.Roma

I would like to point out an important aspect of the GHE that is not so much considered.
So not only we have to lower the atmospheric GHGs concentration, but we must also get out of this evil feedback loop making increase the energy imbalance caused by the GHE by allowing the ice and snow that we had at the pre-industrial period be created again to get same value of ALBEDO that we had at that time to work out the Climate Change issue.
It's an HARD WORK!
I improved my post took by another thread to better explain the feedback loop caused by the lowering ALBEDO.

It is suggested that during the Little Ice Age, increased deforestation had enough effect on the Earth's albedo (reflectiveness) to cause regional and global temperature decreases. Changes in albedo were caused by widespread deforestation at high latitudes, which exposed more snow cover and thus increased reflectiveness of the Earth's surface, as land was cleared for agricultural use. The theory implies that over the course of the Little Ice Age, enough land was cleared to make deforestation a possible cause of climate change.[184]
Yes you got what I meant!

Nitrous Oxide NO is a GHG 300 times more powerful than CO2, and we know that the atmospheric NO concentration is increasing and is at a record value of 337 ppb as is shown in the following tweet.

Wish to point out that Nitrous Oxide NO, like Carbon Dioxide CO2, stay in the atmosphere for ONE CENTURY with the difference that Nitrous Oxide NO is a GHG 300 times more powerful than Carbon Dioxide CO2.

Nitrous Oxide NO is a GHG 300 times more powerful than CO2, and we know that the atmospheric NO concentration is increasing and is at a record value of 337 ppb as is shown in the following tweet.

Inger Andersen, Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme, says that we need countries to step up their efforts to reduce nitrogen waste by 2030.
In fact Nitrous Oxide is a potent GHG which is 300 times more powerful than Carbon Dioxide CO2

Reactions: DrGriz