Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla disable Ultra Sonic Sensors (USS) now that Autopark & High Fidelity are available for USS models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to this thread on reddit, autopark and high fidelity park assist is now enabled for Teslas with USS as of version 12.3.6. While this is welcomed news for most users here, can anyone with this new version confirm if USS hardware has been disabled?

I recall Tesla doing something similar with radar equipped models (disabling the radar via software update).

Yes you can choose to use vision or USS

Also I noted on TeslaFi that all cars receiving the update so far look to be USS cars. No 2023/24 M3s, no 2024 MYs and only a couple 2023 MYs. MY had USS for a few weeks of 2023 production where as M3 had already switched when 2023 started production.

Last edited:
Yes you can choose to use vision or USS

Also I noted on TeslaFi that all cars receiving the update so far look to be USS cars. No 2023/24 M3s, no 2024 MYs and only a couple 2023 MYs. MY had USS for a few weeks of 2023 production where as M3 had already switched when 2023 started production.
Looks like only cars with AMD Ryzen infotainment processors and ultrasonic sensors get this choice. I.e. from about February 2022 builds until whenever ultrasonic sensors were removed.

Reactions: jgleigh
Looks like only cars with AMD Ryzen infotainment processors and ultrasonic sensors get this choice. I.e. from about February 2022 builds until whenever ultrasonic sensors were removed.
Looks like based on TeslaFi that is anyone with MCU3 and USS. Don't need to have AMD. There are M3s all the way back to 2018 with the update and MY back to release date in 2020.

Reactions: SalisburySam