Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Discussion - Tesla Brand Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... there is always the possibility of a short squall or extended downpour. Adapt with an umbrella or move indoors or meet it head on 'till it passes. And ... compromise ....
It’s easy. She keeps her 2018 model 3 and when it’s beyond repairable she shops for something she likes (and that probably includes stalks).

I was trying to nudge her to a new car as we’re past warranty and there are good deals to be found.

Reactions: zoomer0056
It’s easy. She keeps her 2018 model 3 and when it’s beyond repairable she shops for something she likes (and that probably includes stalks).

I was trying to nudge her to a new car as we’re past warranty and there are good deals to be found.
Has she test driven a car w/o stalks? I didn’t find it as bad as I thought I would (and on the highway wouldn’t care at all).

Reactions: bhzmark
Same with the Cybertruck's pointlessly pointy design. Musk chose it because he thinks it looks "badass." He's wrong, or is at least in the tiny, tiny % of people who like the design rather than think it's silly. As a result of its, shall we say, idiosyncratic design, scores more people refuse to buy rather than are enticed to buy.
Agree with all your other points, however I think the CT looks are exactly what is needed.
Why? About 20 years ago Dodge introduced a truck design that did a away with the boxy front end, looked a little more like a semi-truck. It turned out to be extremely polarizing, some despised it, but more loved it! Ram truck sales sored!

In a few words, most people want to look a lot different, especially if you spend a lot of $$$, that is how the fashion world works.

Here is a different perspective:
Tesla is very easy to spot. Hyundai EV's are also easy to spot (Ioniq 5 more so than 6). BMW i3, all easy to spot.
It gets harder with Chevy Bolt, looks like other small cars.
Then you get things like Volvo cars, Nissan Ariya (and new Leaf), F-150 Lightning they just look so much like ICE cars will miss if not looking closely.
Then at the extreme is the BMW i7. This is the exact same body, trim, and interior as the BMW 740. EXACT SAME! If I was going to pay 50% more for the BEV, I absolutely want it to look different!!

CT is (and Rivian) are spot on Truck designs for BEV.