Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023LRY version 2024.3.15. My complaints with FSD are minor but...It seems that it "makes" decisions based on the assumption that other motorists will be rational and competent. E.g., I am on a three lane highway. Traffic is light to moderate. We are all traveling about 65mph. I am in the middle lane. The fast lane is unoccupied. I am passing a car that is in the slow lane. A large truck is merging alongside of him. FSD remains in our middle lane and powers through. Without FSD, I would have moved into the fast lane to avoid any possible danger arising from either the car in the slow lane or the merging truck failing to give way in a timely manner. Nothing happened, but I wish FSD had moved over into the fast lane in advance of the possible danger. I realize that I could have taken over, but I'm trying to learn to trust FSD and not always intervene.

Or the car just doesn't assume " any possible danger arising from either the car in the slow lane or the merging truck failing to give way in a timely manner"

I got free trial when I purchased MYLR last year for 3 month but hardly use it. It's too jerky. Kept changin lane on highway even with minimal lane change settings and it doesn't work when it's rainning. Got another free one month trial and though it would be better after so many software update but's still not for me yet. It was mistaken the route sign as a speed sign and it was going 15 Mph instead of 50 Mph. I do like the auto park though. Works really good. I wish I could subscribe to just that feature.

Last edited:
I got free trial when I purchased MYLR last year for 3 month but hardly use it. It's too jerky. Kept changin lane on highway even with minimal lane change settings and it doesn't work when it's rainning. Got another free one month trial and though it would be better after so many software update but's still not for me yet. It was mistaken the route sign as a speed sign and it was going 15 Mph instead of 50 Mph. I do like the auto park though. Works really good. I wish I could subscribe to just that feature.

FSD from a year ago is very different than it it with V12. It may have a few quirks, but the good far outweighs the bad.

FSD from a year ago is very different than it it with V12. It may have a few quirks, but the good far outweighs the bad.
Agree wholeheartedly. Major steps forward.
My gripe list:
VERY S L O W proceeding after stops at a STOP sign. All these cameras & processing per should be faster, not slower, than a 90 yr old.
Exits highway ramps at highway speeds. DANGEROUS. Root problem: doesn't read any Yellow background exit speed limit signs used here in NH.
Misses speed limit signs on exits that are placed on the left seen in MA. Gotta drive in the real though stupid world for Robotaxi.
Still misses some well placed white background speed limit signs. How can this be? Very hard to understand this "easy do" one.
Gets confused mid transit on complex left turns, misses turn and brakes too late. At best irritates car behind. At worst causes rear end collision.