Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD refund? Anyone taken tesla to the dispute tribunal over this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seems to be good progress now in the US with FSD

5 year.wait and now new hardware is appearing on cars and no permanent ability to transfer FSD to a new car

I wonder when FSD is finally available in NZ if my 2019 vintage will have some reduced capability. Like what's happening now with 2024.14.xx software update.or if I'll be stuck with NoA and city streets phyco
you would be able to upgrade hardware for 1000 or few... common with Tesla.... HW4 out soon so even I might be upgrading hardware if keeping car longer than 4 years

IF FSD requires hardware upgrades we should get them, but if they can push it out in HW3 they will do.

I dont see them upgrading to hw4 cameras and the HW4 computer is basically only a bit more of the same

The current limits for updates are the intel MCU and that is not going to be upgradable to the ryzen one

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
Tesla would not replace HW3 cameras
that were blinded by the indicators at night fior free. Even though this was fixed with later revision cameras
I can't see them replacing HW3 for HW4 unless something drastic happens with FSD
On top of that HW4 may need ryzen MCU

I don't think there has been any promises about upgrading HW3 cars
like there was with HW2.5

that were blinded by the indicators at night fior free. Even though this was fixed with later revision cameras
I can't see them replacing HW3 for HW4 unless something drastic happens with FSD

if HW3 isnt up to it they will have to upgrade it. End of discussion. But also remember tesla is almost certainly going to set the ground about what 'up to it' means.

The cameras plug into the FSD computer I dont see what relevance the MCU has

look at this one....

so maybe another 2000-3000 and your car becomes brand new... MCU and screen gets upgraded with latest...

MCU1 -> 2 was an upgrade they offered in the S and X, you are not getting an intel to ryzen upgrade.
it's merely a display and related hardware... not FSD or something major... so they probably would do it... but less likely before 2026.
every upgrade is an opportunity to cash on existing sales and most likely happens down the line....