Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD hits roof after 2024.14.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh one more follow up, I could never get it to show the “remember this location” option no matter what I do…I tried holding down the door button from the screen and from the physical button, it never asks. Any ideas for this?
The Model X has a single USS topside. If you lower your garage door to within a for or so of the car's roof, then position the car so the top sensor is directly under the edge of the partially closed door. You should be able to trip the "remember" action message.

I had to do this in my garage because it has 12 foot tall overhead door and 14 foot ceiling. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to trip.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
The Model X has a single USS topside. If you lower your garage door to within a for or so of the car's roof, then position the car so the top sensor is directly under the edge of the partially closed door. You should be able to trip the "remember" action message.

I had to do this in my garage because it has 12 foot tall overhead door and 14 foot ceiling. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to trip.
Thanks for the suggestion, I played with it for a while, no matter what I do it does not trigger the remember position option. My ceiling is not very high, and with the garage door open above it doesn’t have too much clearance. At least it’s back to opening part way and I can manually lift it a bit more. No more hitting which was the worst part.

I doubt recalibration fixed anything. The problem is that the USS stops working at random times in the new update. You can clearly see on the screen if the doors will fly open before you hit the button because the icon will show them fully open. It probably won't get fixed until another update.