Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD paint rubbing on the inside of C-pillar 2023 edition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have found similar posts for older model X versions but does anyone have this problem in 2023/2024 vehicles and how did Tesla solve it? Smear touch up paint and adjust FwD? My FWD were already adjusted so flushness and alignment are good but apparently this can still happen.

IMG_1813.jpeg
IMG_1812.jpeg

Have found similar posts for older model X versions but does anyone have this problem in 2023/2024 vehicles and how did Tesla solve it? Smear touch up paint and adjust FwD? My FWD were already adjusted so flushness and alignment are good but apparently this can still happen.

View attachment 1040483View attachment 1040484
I had the same exact thing happen in exactly the same exact spots on your photo. I have a 2023 MX and took to Tesla for repair. They had the car for 17 days!!. As they were replacing the rubber liner on the roof and adjusting the FWD, they broke the roof glass on both doors! They replaced them. However, I had both of them tinted and they would not cover the cost of having them tinted again. They claim that warranty repairs don't cover the cost of any after market add ons. I tried to explain that if they have done the job properly, the glass would not have broke and this would not even be a conversation. It was negligence that caused this problem, not a warranty repair. but they did not care

I guess I have to count myself lucky they only replaced my rear quarter windows which are already factory tinted, since the FWD rubbed off some of the black trim on top of it and in the process gave me some small paint chips as the tech couldn’t be bothered to put masking tape when prying the window off. And the extra urethane that leaked out behind one of them as it was pressed in place is a “bonus”. But at least they scheduled a reputable body shop appointment to address all this and the ruboff marks, as I’m not having them work on body again and the SC manager agreed that’s for the best of all parties.