Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it time to dump and run?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucid sold 9k cars all last year, and are tracking to sell less this year (until Gravity launch - maybe?) Cybertruck has a years-long waiting list, so not sure your comments have much credibility there. I never defend Elon because I believe the opposite of him in many cases, but my Tesla car is unbelievably good. It is still the most valuable carmaker on earth too. His Xai just got an investment round that valued it at $16 billion - the only reason is Elon. Whatever you think of him, he has a following among people who like to make money and he has made a lot of people very wealthy multiple times now.

I work in asset management - all of this handwringing reminds me of the people who insist on investing in portfolios that exclude all the vice stocks so that their values are represented, then complain when they consistently underperform. I tend to separate the parts from the whole - hence I can dislike Elon and love my Tesla, and hope the company gets things right going forward.
Love Lucid, but not sure on them going forward. They have had no major software updates in a long time and very few updates all year. You can’t ignore your current car, while you work on the Gravity. Also - their biggest range car, the Grand Touring for 2024 keeps getting delayed. Always says four weeks out on their website. I think they have lack of solid management, as some new companies do. Selling few cars, unless they have fire sales like the 2023’s.

I don’t think Gravity will be a huge hit. In my opinion exterior is just ok, but interior looks great. I also think the current Air will not age as gracefully as the Model S has. Looks great in front, but Model S rear is much better. Current EV market is just a really hard one right now, especially for higher end cars.

Last edited:
I think a refresh S or X with HW3 is worth keeping.

I've lost so much in depreciation I can't afford not to.

Parts and service have a been a problem for years, and now one can expect it will get worse, however, as long as one can avoid wrecks and failures it should not matter.

My major concern is other drivers with Tesla Hate.
If it gets too bad I might try to find a used Rivian in a few years.

You have a it easy. For a model S owner who is dissatisfied with Tesla's direction there are plenty of compelling alternatives on the 2nd hand market. Used EQSs, Lucids and Taycans all have taken huge depreciation hits. A new ID7 actually looks like it might be the move... really rave reviews for what looks like a pretty boring sedan.

Personally I love the minimalism, software and size of the 3. All of the competition in that price range are, in my opinion, great on paper but terrible to use. No matter how sad I am about how Tesla is being run I can't see myself switching. The competition just sucks.

Love Lucid, but not sure on them going forward. They have had no major software updates in a long time and very few updates all year. You can’t ignore your current car, while you work on the Gravity. Also - their biggest range car, the Grand Touring for 2024 keeps getting delayed. Always says four weeks out on their website. I think they have lack of solid management, as some new companies do. Selling few cars, unless they have fire sales like the 2023’s.

I don’t think Gravity will be a huge hit. In my opinion exterior is just ok, but interior looks great. I also think the current Air will not age as gracefully as the Model S has. Looks great in front, but Model S rear is much better. Current EV market is just a really hard one right now, especially for higher end cars.
Lucid? they could fly, go underwater and run with air … and I will NEVER give my money to the Saudis. Remember 9/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.