Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is this low production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. I just did some Excel work with the Tesla CSV data in order to match it up with the date ranges on my electricity bill. The import numbers (sometimes) match up correctly, but the export numbers seem to be pretty far off.

View attachment 1049318
Looks like you downloaded grid data CSV from the Tesla app, which can be very inaccurate. For me it ignores all my grid exports. Simple sanity check is to download your usage data from Netzero and compare to your utility bill data.

Looks like you downloaded grid data CSV from the Tesla app, which can be very inaccurate.

You're right, I did.

For me it ignores all my grid exports. Simple sanity check is to download your usage data from Netzero and compare to your utility bill data.
I don't think that I'm having that particular issue with the Tesla app. I just spot checked Netzero's CSV export vs the Tesla App CSV export for April 2024. They are 100% identical after accounting for units and rounding. (Tesla shows the numbers to the nearest 0.1 kWh; Netzero shows the number to the nearest 1 Wh.)

Reactions: gsdubs
Maybe. How precise is the 32V figure? If there's some variation in it (e.g. it might be as low as 29V), then I might have 11/11. But you're probably right.

Not very precise, there's definitely some variation in voltage. So it's possible these numbers are off by one panel, but usually not more than that. Hence the squiggly line everywhere :)

@offandonagain mentioned that "13 panels is actually on the high end for a single string." Is 12 panels also on the high end for a single string?

I believe for sizing strings you would take the most conservative voltage (STC Voc at 45.30V), multiply by the number of panels and make sure it's below the max input voltage for the inverter. For PW+ that's 600V (specs). 13 * 45.3V is just below that limit, so maybe still fine, and anything less than 13 should definitely be fine.

Based on your inverter photos, they have not paralleled or split that string. More likely there's some wiring issue or MCI issue like @jgleigh mentioned. There's not much more you can do, expect maybe the FLIR camera. Keep calling your installer.

Based on your inverter photos, they have not paralleled or split that string. More likely there's some wiring issue or MCI issue like @jgleigh mentioned. There's not much more you can do, expect maybe the FLIR camera. Keep calling your installer.
Agreed. The issue appears to be somewhere on your roof. Everything at your inverters looks as expected based on your strings.

Call (877) 961-7652. Option 2 I think. The Powerwall support people are much more responsive than the normal solar people. Tell them you have a whole string disconnected, not just that your generation appears low.