Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is this repairable or will it be totaled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8833.jpeg

This is the damage. For context… I was in my driveway getting ready to leave for a concert and my cousin was pulling in next to me to put his car in the garage… I had waved to him and out the car in reverse. I looked all around to make sure it was okay for me to back out. I started backing out of my driveway and suddenly someone came zooming behind me and i ended up hitting them. They were going really fast so i didn’t see them and the car never alerted me that someone was there. So i ended up with this kinda of damage… Luckily my car is still drive able but i want to know if its repairable or will it be totaled… Its a 2020 Model 3

Doubt highly that it would be totaled - looks like just replace trunk lid. The bumper may be cosmetic repair. As to areas to hit, this should not be so bad. But cannot know just based on these pics.
IMG_8930.jpeg

Here’s another Angle of the damage, yeah i understood that based on pictures i won’t get a definite answer but just wanted to see what other people would say

If you include what happened to the other trunk shut lines we would have more of an inkling how bad it might be.

Going between the lines of you only photographed the observable damage then it's a pretty low key repair.

If the trunk lid is shunted into the roof it's a bit different but I would say repairable since your roof glass is still there.

It's when the frame gets mangled that it gets iffy.

Is the lid aluminum? It's all motorized on 'mine' so can't really tell how heavy it is.

If it is steel there's panel beaters in sheds here that can fix the dent for relative cheapness. That may be worth your while avoiding insurance claim if the excess and loss of no claims are more valuable. Adding in the new lid has to coat a fair bit.