Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Cabin Camera View Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that live camera access via the app requires that Sentry Mode be enabled. That will display a "Live Camera" option in the app, which you can click on and get a multi-camera view (front, back and side repeaters) if you click on the box at the upper right, or click on dots surrounding the car and see that view. Cabin view is available in my app but then again I have HW3.0 (2018 LR RWD).

LiveCameraViewInterior.jpg

edit: If Sentry is not currently on, you can enable it via the Security & Drivers option in the app.

Here's some other examples, looks like the view is generally that narrow. If it was improperly installed (sunk in) I would expect instead a bezel would be visible, as per your third picture.

camera-preview.jpg

Tesla-Model-3-Cabin-Camera-Footage.jpg

I think his point is that is the whole point of a warranty to fix stuff defective from factory or done by Tesla Service (which if paid out of warranty carries a 1 year limited warranty).

Tesla also now offers an extended warranty.

Goodwill is going above and beyond that, but that should not be the default expectation.
What’s that in the back seat?....it looks like a wild boar🐗🐗🐗🐗

Don't know if you're still watching this thread, but I have a 2018 M3P as well and I don't have any camera access through the app. Do you have access to all of the other cameras (minus the interior)? How do you access it in the app? Through "controls"? Thanks.
Yes, I have access to the other 4 cameras. It’s actually through Security and Drivers, them scroll down to Sentry Mode.