Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a week ahead of you. As far as I can tell, based on posts here and what I have been able to glean from the 'net, no cream has flowed since last fall. My EDD is just slightly ahead of yours...
Funny that they're not making cream - I've been trying to find a used Red/White S and it seems like every mf and their mother orders Red/Cream, and no one orders Red/White

If I’m not mistaken that tow hitch was really meant for a bike rack.

Are you sure? Seems like it's for towing.

1714770187737.png

1714770212027.png

1714770476053.png

ordered a red/white 19” LR today. I have played chicken three times so far and each time the $250 cancel fee was worth it due to subsequent price drops, but I’m not convinced we’re going to see another (significant) S price drop anytime soon. Hopefully cars built now with all this chaos going on at Tesla will be ok 👍

I placed an order for ultra red / white plaid 2 days ago. Just got a vin this morning EDD May 21 to 28. I have an M3 xDrive on order as well not sure which I’m going to go with yet
I'll try not to be too damning-with-the-facts, but getting the Tesla will help leave a usable planet for others to enjoy, both while you're alive and long after.

The BMW does the exact opposite . . . so this should not be a hard choice, right?

Please allow me to be blunt: the vast majority walking among us have no friggin' clue as to just how bad a situation we are in. The fossil fuel industry spread some money around beginning in the 80's and they have pulled off the most successful disinformation campaign in human history. Some of those involved have a small conscience and have shared documents, videos and emails here (WARNING: This documentary will likely make your blood boil):

It was in partnership with the BBC, so if words are more your thing, here you go:

TL;DR?

Due to feedback loops, it rests on the shoulders of the educated and well-informed to ACT if we are to fix our current path, a path which will greatly impact, if not destroy, our only planet.

If we don't ACT, just who do you think will?!?

More "must see," fact-based sites to help you realize just how bad the vectors are:

Or, if you're just more of a visual person, try this NASA gif on for size (and note the change in the second derivative near the end):

Thanks, and I sincerely hope you will choose wisely.

I'll try not to be too damning-with-the-facts, but getting the Tesla will help leave a usable planet for others to enjoy, both while you're alive and long after.

The BMW does the exact opposite . . . so this should not be a hard choice, right?

Please allow me to be blunt: the vast majority walking among us have no friggin' clue as to just how bad a situation we are in. The fossil fuel industry spread some money around beginning in the 80's and they have pulled off the most successful disinformation campaign in human history. Some of those involved have a small conscience and have shared documents, videos and emails here (WARNING: This documentary will likely make your blood boil):

It was in partnership with the BBC, so if words are more your thing, here you go:

TL;DR?

Due to feedback loops, it rests on the shoulders of the educated and well-informed to ACT if we are to fix our current path, a path which will greatly impact, if not destroy, our only planet.

If we don't ACT, just who do you think will?!?

More "must see," fact-based sites to help you realize just how bad the vectors are:

Or, if you're just more of a visual person, try this NASA gif on for size (and note the change in the second derivative near the end):

Thanks, and I sincerely hope you will choose wisely.
This is the longest, most liberal, useless, and brainwashed post to ever be posted in a wrong forum section ever. You sir have drank too much kool aid. This is a delivery thread, not a thread for you to spread your activist propaganda. Stick to the effing topic.

Ah, no, please do NOT choose the GHG-spewing 911.

See the link above in response to the person also contemplating a BMW M3 . . . it's a perfect reply for you as well.

Thanks.
You know who’s ruining the planet? People like you who are using up oxygen that rational thinking people could use. People like you are my trigger. People whose carbon footprint is ten fold of those who drive a petrol powered car
responsibly. Just for you……I’m going on a long hooning drive in my V12. Thank you for saving the petrol for me.

For my own sanity……you are now ignored. I can’t stand your sort of drivel.

This is the longest, most liberal, useless, and brainwashed post to ever be posted in a wrong forum section ever. You sir have drank too much kool aid. This is a delivery thread, not a thread for you to spread your activist propaganda. Stick to the effing topic.
Yeah I’m generally liberal and try to be reasonable with my day to day. But every time this guy gets on a climate rant I want to light some gas on fire because of how annoying his drivel is.