Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wheel design looks pretty spiffy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Wasn't sure if the machining design would look good, and since these were just for the track/check clearances, figured I'd give it a try. Turned out way better than expected. These are factory specs on 19". Weigh about 3 pounds less than the 19" OEM with hubcaps on. Need to implement a design change on one aspect of it, then will get a set in 21" with a machined lip around the entire wheel instead of broken up like it is.

PXL_20240517_210435727.jpg

Reactions: AMPd and Dayreg
Much better than ultra red imo.

I personally like the wheels. They go well with the red. And the openness makes them look bigger than 19s
Thank you, there were some aesthetic changes I implemented on this to make them look larger. The first part was the broken pattern on the lip, if you do a solid ring around the lip it makes small wheels look small. If part of the lip is open, it looks larger. The second change was the lip is flared inward, so there's a cosmetic facade part of it, then it dips down behind and connects to the barrel. Pinching that down makes the brakes look larger.

The second part concerning the backside of the flare of the lip is what I need to make modifications on for the retail version of the wheel. The changes are easy, but making those changes without adding much weight is the difficult part.

Looks like these wheels clear TP brakes. Did Tesla give you any trouble about installing the brakes without the arachnids?
These are the OEM calipers. I just removed the black ones and replaced them with red ones. I'm pretty sure they will clear the track pack brakes, I'm just waiting on a friend to get some availability so I can test it on those. But these unplugged rotors have a 8 or 10 mm spacer on the caliper and I still have enough room between the caliper and the wheel to stick a finger