Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NHTSA Recall 24V-035

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a letter from Tesla in March regarding a recall 24V-035 where "insufficient inter-integrated circuit protocol stability may prevent the rearview camera image from displaying." The OTA fix "2023.44.30.7 or a later release incorporates sufficient inter-integrated circuit protocol stability to allow the rear-view camera image to display."

However, it's now May and I'm still running 2023.44.30.6 ... no updates are available per my car. My rear camera has blacked out several times when I'm in reverse, so this is a problem. Has anyone else received the recall fix?

For the first time, mine blacked out yesterday. It seems 2023.44.30.7 has not been installed on any legacy Model S. Copy and paste your post above into a Service ticket opened up in the APP, and ask for clarification of a date this safety issue is to be corrected.

You can also fill out a NHTSA safety report. They would love to bash Tesla for not fixing this over this period of time.