Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OCVRP voucher count towards down payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm wanting to take advantage of the .99% APR for the Model Y.
My question for you is, if I apply for the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program and receive a $7500 dollar voucher from the State, would it count as the down payment?

I called a Tesla representative and they stated that I should bring the voucher with me to the point of sale but that it does not count towards the down payment.
They told me I need to make a $4250 dollar down payment separately if I want to get the promotional APR. They also stated I have to make the payment before pickup.

I've read from some users that they used their State rebate as a down payment. I'm very unsure now.

Rebates such as the Oregon one are applied to the purchase price thus reducing it. The amount financed would be lower than without it. You may check the loan balance to see if it was reduced. Your down payment calculation should be on the outstanding loan balance after rebate. Maybe your salesperson already calculated your down payment inclusive of the rebate? Further info: https://www.tesla.com/support/incentives#Oregon

I'm wondering if I bring the voucher for $7500, if they'd accept that as a $7500 dollar downpayment. They didn't know how to answer me. My loan agreement has a $7500 downpayment listed. The voucher would bring the cost of the vehicle down to the amount financed.