Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power reduced, front motor disabled, regen disabled, traction disabled, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P90D has been to the service center and they can’t figure out what’s going on with my car and chucked it up as cannot replicate. They said they see the errors in the logs but don’t think it’s the front motor and want me to accept a $5,000 quote to dismantle pretty much the whole car to check harnesses with no guarantee that they will find what is causing it. They already checked the front trunk area and said they don’t see anything that could cause it. Has anyone dealt with an issue of all these disabling:

DI_w138 Front motor disabled
DI_w040 Front motor disabled
DI_w062 Power reduced
Stability disabled
Traction control disabled
Regenerative Braking Disabled
Automatic Emergency Disabled
Cruise control disabled

It only occurs when turning left in certain situations (downhill spirals or roundabouts with incline/decline). Error doesn’t really occur anywhere else. Also, if going through the turn, if I keep the accelerator pressed it only will disable the traction control, regen braking, stability and automatic emergency braking. As soon as I let go of the accelerator pedal and allow regen to kick on during the turn, it disables the motor and power reduces. Car will barely accelerate from a stop and takes forever to get it up to speed until I conduct a power off in settings.

It’s not the wheel sensors. All 4 have been changed and the error still occurs. 12v battery was just replaced last week too was doing this before and after, so not that either.

Attachments

• IMG_3213.png
    IMG_3213.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Usually when something is dependent on certain side (or other) force condition, its a good chance that its intermittent connection or wire rubbing related...
I'd start with checking harnesses around front motor n frunk area for rubbing or tugging, starting with LV plug for motor...

As soon as I let go of the accelerator pedal and allow regen to kick on during the turn, it disables the motor and power reduces.
this is probably a consequence of disabled regen

If nothing else is found then it might be internal issue to motor...