Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks ago I installed a new 1622932-00-A on my 2021 MY LR. I've been holding off writing about it because I wanted to make sure it was working. Installed it per the directions and put the antenna on the "metal shelf" that @WhiteOnWhiteMY described in SiriusXM on Model Y.

After connecting the new radio up, but without connecting the Sirius antenna, I made sure everything was good by trying the FM radio and it worked. Then connected up the antenna, did a two button reboot, and I had Sirius as a source! Selected it and it worked. The radio has been working fine with the subscription that it previously had. I do have a few small foliage related dropouts in areas where by wife's MKZ doesn't, but not enough for me to try relocating the antenna.

Two weeks ago I installed a new 1622932-00-A on my 2021 MY LR. I've been holding off writing about it because I wanted to make sure it was working. Installed it per the directions and put the antenna on the "metal shelf" that @WhiteOnWhiteMY described in SiriusXM on Model Y.

After connecting the new radio up, but without connecting the Sirius antenna, I made sure everything was good by trying the FM radio and it worked. Then connected up the antenna, did a two button reboot, and I had Sirius as a source! Selected it and it worked. The radio has been working fine with the subscription that it previously had. I do have a few small foliage related dropouts in areas where by wife's MKZ doesn't, but not enough for me to try relocating the antenna.

Where did you source the new tuner from? I want one but can’t find one for sale anywhere.

Where did you source the new tuner from? I want one but can’t find one for sale anywhere.
Ebay. I'm sure I over paid, but I have one. I didn't want to wait forever or try the Tesla parts counter route which may or may not work.

I also should have put new in quotes because it has a current subscription so I'm doubting the new part of it. I'm hoping that the current subscription goes long enough to cover the amount I overpaid.

Reactions: CuriousWren
Ebay. I'm sure I over paid, but I have one. I didn't want to wait forever or try the Tesla parts counter route which may or may not work.

I also should have put new in quotes because it has a current subscription so I'm doubting the new part of it. I'm hoping that the current subscription goes long enough to cover the amount I overpaid.
Lucky! Mine showed as active when I installed it, but as soon as it phoned home, the subscription got deleted! You can probably still get the three month free trial since your VIN didn't have sirius prior to.

• Informative
Reactions: CapsEngineer