Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyler, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are driving AWDs. presuming the bigger battery? ABRP shows <50 KW from Lindale to Natchitoches. I wouldn't think that a high pucker factor mission. I've done Coppell to Natchitoches 95% to 10% when I was in a hurry, but my sporting blood turns to urine after 15%. And, alas, I no longer have my truck driver's bladder.
There's been times I've rolled into Natchitoches with about 5-6% left. Other times it's more like 12-13%. A few times the software recalculates I might not make it and redirects me to S-port, anyway. I guess in theory it shouldn't be that tight because my "EPA" range is around 320 miles, but with battery degradation, weather conditions and whatever else, it is what it is.

Coppell to Natchitoches (~274 miles) on 85% of your battery? Lordy, I could make it to Lafayette -- my destination -- with only one stop along the way with that kind of range (if my bladder could stand it).

Reactions: drdumont
There's been times I've rolled into Natchitoches with about 5-6% left. Other times it's more like 12-13%. A few times the software recalculates I might not make it and redirects me to S-port, anyway. I guess in theory it shouldn't be that tight because my "EPA" range is around 320 miles, but with battery degradation, weather conditions and whatever else, it is what it is.

Coppell to Natchitoches (~274 miles) on 85% of your battery? Lordy, I could make it to Lafayette -- my destination -- with only one stop along the way with that kind of range (if my bladder could stand it).
I've given up on trying to figure out the BMS. I just drive and enjoy it, usually in <>200 mile chunks. My trip from DFW- La Plata, MO - Union, Ill - Beech Grove, IN - Chattanooga, Atlanta, NOLA and home was a joy, and I didn't really think about it. JFTHOI I kept a log of predicted and actual SOC on Arrival. It varied 10% or more either side of center. I neither poke the bear or overfeed him. A pilot friend says it is due to headwinds, tailwinds, atmospheric density and that second piece of pie after lunch., or all of those or none of those. Apparently he flies that way, too.

I'm Jonesing for a Model S, but the additional range isn't the reason. Although like the fat girl who likes Silver Haired Old Men, welcome aboard!

I've given up on trying to figure out the BMS. I just drive and enjoy it, usually in <>200 mile chunks. My trip from DFW- La Plata, MO - Union, Ill - Beech Grove, IN - Chattanooga, Atlanta, NOLA and home was a joy, and I didn't really think about it. JFTHOI I kept a log of predicted and actual SOC on Arrival. It varied 10% or more either side of center. I neither poke the bear or overfeed him. A pilot friend says it is due to headwinds, tailwinds, atmospheric density and that second piece of pie after lunch., or all of those or none of those. Apparently he flies that way, too.
I think you're right about all of that.

Since I've taken road trips in Teslas I've come to appreciate how much enjoyable the trip is when you don't rush too much and take longer stops. Maybe that's age, too.

The main thing for me is avoiding the Shreveport and Alexandria stations if possible. Neither are that convenient to get to and lack convenience stores nearby. And I rather like the meat pies at the Natchitoches station 😋

Stopped by yesterday, 5/24, to check out the progress. Looks like there’s a little closed off parking spot enclosed by the Starbucks drive thru line that will be used for chargers. Some pull in spots noted at the end. Going to be awkward with all the cars facing each other while charging. Also, it’ll be a dead end so going to be hard to pull back out or maneuver your way in for some of the inner spots.

Attachments

• IMG_2726.jpeg
    IMG_2726.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2727.jpeg
    IMG_2727.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2728.jpeg
    IMG_2728.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 2