Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No posts here since the Supercharger team news?

I wonder if they will be putting some here at the old Lowe's in Aliso Viejo. We just noticed this today. A new Service Center and/or showroom. Some tubes coming out of the ground, but it's not conclusive yet for chargers.
Most sales centers have hpwc out front and a 2-4 stall supercharger in the back just for testing purposes. Seeing that the electrical permit doesn’t have any sub panels above 600A it is unlikely this will have public facing superchargers .
1717971622858.png
This permit mentions A supercharger cabinet so that supports the 4 or less for service use only.
1717971781959.png
The electrical permit that goes with those bulletins however shows 2 services greater than 1000A which would definitely point towards a larger Supercharger for public use. Will need closer up pictures of the stubbed out conduits to see if there are the precast Supercharger bases in place.
1717971950177.png

I wonder if they will be putting some here at the old Lowe's in Aliso Viejo. We just noticed this today. A new Service Center and/or showroom. Some tubes coming out of the ground, but it's not conclusive yet for chargers.
Looks like a frickin' SC to me! Nice job! Create a thread, and call it "Supercharger - Aliso Viejo (possible new construction)"
If it is not, the mods can always update the info later. Stop by again in a few days and update us. Workers may be on site tomorrow.

Looks like a frickin' SC to me! Nice job! Create a thread, and call it "Supercharger - Aliso Viejo (possible new construction)"
If it is not, the mods can always update the info later. Stop by again in a few days and update us. Workers may be on site tomorrow.
I don’t see any groupings of larger diameter conduit consistent with suoercharger construction. Looks like framing for curbs with a couple single conduits or possible drainage pipes. @corywright @Guacahummus ?

Reactions: Falcon73

Site plans. Superchargers for service use only behind gated entry.
1718299242188.png

Well, it would have been nice. What better way to showcase the capabilities of Tesla?
Um , here’s your mostly charged car, please wait for an hour to charge to 100%? Or, here’s your no put charged car, please wait 40 minutes to fully charge and that will be $30? The beauty of the network is when you travel. Showcasing it where you live isn’t the ideal use case. Plug in every night at home, supercharge on trips.

Reactions: Falcon73
Um , here’s your mostly charged car, please wait for an hour to charge to 100%? Or, here’s your no put charged car, please wait 40 minutes to fully charge and that will be $30? The beauty of the network is when you travel. Showcasing it where you live isn’t the ideal use case. Plug in every night at home, supercharge on trips.
Or, the beauty is if you don't have charging at home, like many apartment buildings, here is a place to charge up when needed.

Or, the beauty is if you don't have charging at home, like many apartment buildings, here is a place to charge up when needed.
A Sales/Service Center is not the place for a public use Supercharger. The cars in the showroom (and inventory) is sufficient to showcase. The last thing these places is more traffic going in and out. And the chargers need to be available for the Center's use.

They need a true Supercharger in the area, but the Center is not the place for it

Reactions: Mrbrock
I agree about charging for apartment dwellers but also that a sales and service center is not the place for that. There are a couple of those around the country (like rocklin and Liberty lake) but it is not an ideal situation. See rocklin. Absolute zoo and mostly used by sales team so impossible to use as a customer.

• Informative
Reactions: 4SUPER9