Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on the west side of the lake but pretty much right on it. I can see the lake from my windows. They claim it never flooded here before but we shall see. HOA said the volunteer evac was only for the two streets closest to the lake. It was just hailing here a few mins ago but I think the main concern is the lake is so full and all the water from Conroe is dumping into the lake tonight.

Reactions: Jones1
Like This
1714761390353.png

Reactions: DrewHou
Since I have until possibly the 15th until I get an answer from Tesla I am trying to figure out my own solution. I did notice in the Netzero app since the system went out it shows the time zone has changed from America/Chicago to Africa… wonder what that means for things haha 😂
IMG_1416.jpeg

• Funny
Since I have until possibly the 15th until I get an answer from Tesla I am trying to figure out my own solution. I did notice in the Netzero app since the system went out it shows the time zone has changed from America/Chicago to Africa… wonder what that means for things haha 😂

From the sound of it, your gateway configuration was completely wiped (that timezone is probably just a default, first one alphabetically). I've heard of cases where configuration gets wiped if the firmware update fails in a bad way.

I suspect the solution for you would be to commission the system again. You could push Tesla support to help you do that over the phone, you just need to connect the Tesla One app and go from there. Folks on this forum could probably help you with that as well, but depends on how adventurous you want to be -- things like grid code require some knowledge and Tesla might not be too happy if you do that on your own. Although they also can't expect you to be out of power for that long!

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
From the sound of it, your gateway configuration was completely wiped (that timezone is probably just a default, first one alphabetically). I've heard of cases where configuration gets wiped if the firmware update fails in a bad way.

I suspect the solution for you would be to commission the system again. You could push Tesla support to help you do that over the phone, you just need to connect the Tesla One app and go from there. Folks on this forum could probably help you with that as well, but depends on how adventurous you want to be -- things like grid code require some knowledge and Tesla might not be too happy if you do that on your own. Although they also can't expect you to be out of power for that long!
Yeah that’s what I have been piecing together. I’m not feeling confident about it yet but if Tesla doesn’t get to me by mid week I may give it a try and see what happens haha.

Not sure if this is new. I just saw it. Amazing. You , ChargHQ , Tessie , S3XY and others. Improve the Tesla products and ecosystem.

THANK YOU!
1714831809111.png

Got to be kidding me!! This Model S is cursed legit cursed!!! 😂 someone this morning backed into my S and it shoved the bumper back and broke the clips that keep it on. (I assume it’s clips back there) I made the mistake of going inside to have them page someone and by the time I got back outside they were gone. Big ass truck meant the dashcam could not see the drivers. 2nd time it’s been hit at Home Depot since I got it back from the shop. SMH 🤦 can’t wait for my M3P because this cursed car has got to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpeg
    IMG_1419.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • Funny
Got to be kidding me!! This Model S is cursed legit cursed!!! 😂 someone this morning backed into my S and it shoved the bumper back and broke the clips that keep it on. (I assume it’s clips back there) I made the mistake of going inside to have them page someone and by the time I got back outside they were gone. Big ass truck meant the dashcam could not see the drivers. 2nd time it’s been hit at Home Depot since I got it back from the shop. SMH 🤦 can’t wait for my M3P because this cursed car has got to go.
I wonder why there isn’t a notification when your car is hit or moves in anyway. If you have sentry mode on. It should do it. Sentry Mode needs to be updated.
I had someone unplug my Tesla mobile connector. From an outlet in the garage. The EVSE spots were full and they didn’t have a policy on 110 charging. They do now. 😆. One day in a garage at a location I worked at. Sentry mode got the side of the vehicle the Garage attendant was in. But not them in the act. I had to guess what happened. I thought the plug fell out. The Next time she put a sticker on my window.

Reactions: DrewHou
@SteveO332
Will you rent your CT on Turo or any other rent platform?
How much do you think you can make from June-Sept. selling PowerShare back to the grid?
I’m looking at this aa an opportunity to make some revenue back to cover the Foundation Price tag.
123kWh maybe 70kWh to the grid on high demand days. It could be $2-$5 per KWh.
I was thinking only do Turo 2 day rents at a time. If the summer takes off with grid demand. Then I’ll take that now focus on Turo during the winter.
Thoughts anyone
PowerShare and Grid Pimping. What say you? 😆

I didn’t know thats 3 PW’s can discharge at a higher rate. But can’t charge collectively. At a higher rate then 5.8Kw
It doesn’t matter how many PW’s you have 5.8kW the charge rate for charging 1 or multiple Powerwalls.
Discharging it’s adding up and the multiple of PW’s you have in 5.8kW
So times 2 PW’s or times 3 PW’s.
I noticed this after I got the Twins (PW).
1714921174117.png

I didn’t know thats 3 PW’s can discharge at a higher rate. But can’t charge collectively. At a higher rate then 5.8Kw
It doesn’t matter how many PW’s you have 5.8kW the charge rate for charging 1 or multiple Powerwalls.
View attachment 1044542

I’m not sure that’s right, if I’m following you. My 4 PowerWalls charge at ~23kW which is a challenge with my 200A service.

1714924210515.png

I’m not sure that’s right, if I’m following you. My 4 PowerWalls charge at ~23kW which is a challenge with my 200A service.

View attachment 1044561
I wonder if I just haven’t noticed it yet. Or does the charge rate increase at a lower battery percentage level? 🤔