Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Towing a boat, launched and water too high

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I towed my boat to the lake with X, like I have done many times. When launching I got in a little too far into the water and my X shut down. The bumper was maybe 1inch into the water. I'm thinking maybe the trailer electrical connection got wet and shorted. I'm nit sure. But the car won't start, says it needs service. Any ideas on how I could handle without Towing and waiting a week+ for service?

I towed my boat to the lake with X, like I have done many times. When launching I got in a little too far into the water and my X shut down. The bumper was maybe 1inch into the water. I'm thinking maybe the trailer electrical connection got wet and shorted. I'm nit sure. But the car won't start, says it needs service. Any ideas on how I could handle without Towing and waiting a week+ for service?
So you left it on the ramp, in the water? I doubt there is any alternative. It might start if you can get it dried out, but you have to at least get it out of the water. Time to unpack the tow hook at a minimum.

Upvote 0
So you left it on the ramp, in the water? I doubt there is any alternative. It might start if you can get it dried out, but you have to at least get it out of the water. Time to unpack the tow hook at a minimum.
Hi, I was able to get it towed out of water. Another car pulled the X and trailer out and to a dry flat space. I waited a while and let it dry out but it still wouldn't start.

This happened last night. I was going to go back today and see if it will start, but wondering if there is anything I can do to "reset", bring a new 12v, or maybe it's more serious?

Upvote 0
The MX is a good EV, but a bad reef.

Anyways, this MX owner did okay.

Upvote 0