Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using app to making the final payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does the final payment process work in the app? I started going through the process because I thought I could just link my bank and get it ready now but it seems like when I link it, the payment will be sent automatically and I don't want to pay until I've inspected the car.

Can I link it ahead of time and pay later? Can I choose to send a small amount now just to test things out? Does it take time for it to show that I've paid so I get the car? Or should I just do it all there after reviewing the car?

Any details before I accidentally fork over tens of thousands of dollars would be appreciated.

How does the final payment process work in the app? I started going through the process because I thought I could just link my bank and get it ready now but it seems like when I link it, the payment will be sent automatically and I don't want to pay until I've inspected the car.

Can I link it ahead of time and pay later? Can I choose to send a small amount now just to test things out? Does it take time for it to show that I've paid so I get the car? Or should I just do it all there after reviewing the car?

Any details before I accidentally fork over tens of thousands of dollars would be appreciated.
I had two payment methods, with the first being a bank savings account routing link, and the second a credit card. When it came time to pay the bill, it was automatically transferred out of that account electronically. The credit card was, if I remember correctly, used for a down payment earlier.

Upvote 0
I had two payment methods, with the first being a bank savings account routing link, and the second a credit card. When it came time to pay the bill, it was automatically transferred out of that account electronically. The credit card was, if I remember correctly, used for a down payment earlier.

See this doesn't seem to "work" for me - if I add the payment type of a bank account in the overall app, it doesn't seem to see that in the final payment module. It's like I have to add it separately no matter what. Has anyone else dealt with that?

Upvote 0

I just went to the payment link in the app when it was available (part of the delivery tasks section). I was transferring out of a brokerage account, so I didn't want to give them my login/password. So for the bank I just selected "other" or "enter manually" - don't remember the specifics. I then entered the relevant routing and account numbers, and submitted. They said it went through fine on Tesla's end, and the funds were deducted from my account the next day.

Upvote 0
I just went to the payment link in the app when it was available (part of the delivery tasks section). I was transferring out of a brokerage account, so I didn't want to give them my login/password. So for the bank I just selected "other" or "enter manually" - don't remember the specifics. I then entered the relevant routing and account numbers, and submitted. They said it went through fine on Tesla's end, and the funds were deducted from my account the next day.

I feel like that is not an option any more - there is no "enter manually" at this point - you can try Plaid and if it fails or you cancel out, then you can view wire details but there is no option to manually enter details. Sounds like I just need to wait until it happens. I'll see how things go on Monday.

Upvote 0
I pi
I feel like that is not an option any more - there is no "enter manually" at this point - you can try Plaid and if it fails or you cancel out, then you can view wire details but there is no option to manually enter details. Sounds like I just need to wait until it happens. I'll see how things go on Monday.
I took delivery / paid 1 week ago today. I don't remember the specifics, but once all of the previous delivery tasks were completed, I was able to click on the make final payment button which launched Plaid. I think I selected checking account, and then it allowed me to search for my bank. But when I found my bank it then asked me to enter my bank login / password, which I wasn't comfortable doing. I then found another option (something like bank not found, or enter manually), and from there I was able to manually enter routing / account numbers. Not sure if that's helpful, but good luck to you!

Upvote 0