Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your car is CCS ready get a CCS adapter. Otherwise the Chademo is fine albeit max 50 KW. We have both.

There are tons of CCS and Chademo chargers all thru this mountains including one at the visitors centre in Yoho at field. We have used them all at some point over the last 4 years.

We camped and hike for a week in Yoho last August. You’ll love it.

53129378271_ab7cf0e684_c.jpg
Curious to know how much mileage lost towing that camper?

We did that whole Banff/Japer/Yoho road trip back in 2020. Due to Covid closures, these places were devoid of international tourists. What a wonderful experience. Don't mind doing it again.

I am planning a drive in my long range Tesla from Spokane WA to Golden BC as part of a Banff road trip. The distance per Google Maps is 338 miles with a supercharger at Cranbrook BC right about the midpoint. Third party route planners (e.g. ABRP) suggest this route for me. Tesla's own "Find us" site shows Cranbrook BC supercharger location as operational. But Tesla's "Go Anywhere" web page routes me through Kelowna, BC supercharging stop that adds 110 miles and 3 full hours to the trip. If I explicitly add the Cranbrook supercharger stop on my preferred and shorter route, the Tesla Go Anywhere web page says "We're working on getting you there. View supercharger locations coming soon", seemingly suggesting that Cranbrook location (which has been operational for a couple of years as I see on the Internet) is "coming soon". Do you know / can you guess what the reason might be?
I have no clue why, but for over a year whenever we put that destination into our vehicle from Spokane it routes us to Kelowna as well. It's crazy. There is nothing wrong, and plenty of charging available. We have made it to Cranbrook and used the Superxharger there. Invermere also has a charger right off the highway. Just go via Cranbrook.

I have no clue why, but for over a year whenever we put that destination into our vehicle from Spokane it routes us to Kelowna as well. It's crazy. There is nothing wrong, and plenty of charging available. We have made it to Cranbrook and used the Superxharger there. Invermere also has a charger right off the highway. Just go via Cranbrook.
This research is best done using ABRP. ABRP

Reactions: totoro722