The SUV version of the upcoming GMC Hummer was unveiled over the weekend.
The vehicle is a companion to a pickup version, which began taking orders earlier this year. The SUV has similar specs and features, including 850 horsepower and 11,500 foot-pounds of torque.
GM listed the following highlights in a release:
- Master of maneuverability, with a 126.7-inch wheelbase giving it expected best-in-class off-road proportions with impressive departure and breakover angles, and a tighter turning circle of only 35.4 feet (10.8 meters) with 4 Wheel Steer standard on 2X, 3X and Edition 1
- An immersive interior puts the driver at the center of every moment, including customizable, multisensory user features and an open driving experience with the standard Infinity Roof with removable Sky Panels, I-Bar and rear drop glass
- GM’s Ultium Drive System offers up to 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque (GM estimated) — enough power for super-fast 0-60-mph sprints in approximately 3.5 seconds with Watts To Freedom3
- New tactical technology via the redesigned myGMC app4 including Energy Assist
- Great degree of customization via My Mode, auxiliary buttons and nearly 200 accessories available at launch
- Next-gen electric, with a 20-module Ultium battery system offering up to a GM estimated 300-plus miles of range5 on Edition 1 (with standard equipment)
“The GMC Hummer EVs were envisioned to be the most capable and compelling electric supertrucks ever,” Duncan Aldred, global vice president of GMC, said in a statement.
HUMMER EV SUV Specifications
|HUMMER EV2 SUV||HUMMER EV2X SUV||HUMMER EV3X SUV||HUMMER EV SUV|
|HUMMER EV SUV|
Edition 1 with available
Extreme Off-Road Package
|Starting at MSRP (w/DFC)||$79,995||$89,995||$99,995||$105,595||$110,595|
|Availability||Spring 2024||Spring 2023||Spring 2023||Early 2023||Early 2023|
|Horsepower||Up to 625||Up to 625||Up to 830||Up to 830||Up to 830|
|Torque (lb-ft)||Up to 7,400||Up to 7,400||Up to 11,500||Up to 11,500||Up to 11,500|
w/ 20-module battery
|Extreme Off-Road Package||Extreme Off-Road Package|
Production is expected to begin in early 2023.