Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cover things arrived. Now I can transport things rolled up in carpet without worry.
I should straighten that passenger side one up.
Who else still has paper Tesla stickers on the back of their rear seats haha

IMG_0541.jpeg
IMG_0542.jpeg
IMG_0543.jpeg
IMG_0544.jpeg

Reactions: Wagits and sammody
Is it better though? For me it's not a show-stopper, but when I test drove the highland I didn't like it for the following reasons.

1. When doing a quick turn (eg. lane change) the signal stalk is reliably always in the same location and can be reflexively actuated in the time it takes you to think about it. Unlike the steering wheel buttons which can be at any point around the wheel and would take an additional brain cycle to locate.

2. Holding the wheel comfortably at the points where the wheel hub attaches to the round bit of the wheel (where the buttons are) has your palm naturally resting at this point. If you want to use the buttons you would need to drop your hand a couple of cm so that your thumb is at the right place to actuate them. This is an additional and unnecessary step. When test driving I kept having to look down to find the buttons (I'm sure with time I won't need to, but I would still need the extra step of dropping my hand then locating the right button).

3. Reversing out my driveway and then in Drive down the street is simple because I know where the stalk is what to do with it once my hand finds it. Using the screen will always be a matter of looking to find the part of the screen to rest my finger for the swipe. Yes, it'll get quicker, but without the tactile feedback I have with the stalk I will always need to visually find the location on the screen first and then swipe.

4. I don't want to think about using the signal buttons while halfway through a turn (or in a roundabout).
I'm hoping with more use of the buttons/screen it'll become like second nature, but I'm not holding my breath.

on the screen swiping front, I was starting to get annoyed at times like reversing out of shopping center carparks or doing 3point turns etc.. but since the new update, they have improved its responsivness, made the swipe area smaller for focused, so less prone to mis-swipes or non-registers....

So with the latest update the swiping is very fast and accurate, zero mis-swipes so far since update

Reactions: dronus
@dronus How easy are the Aero hub caps to remove and attach?
Pretty easy, just put your hands thru the gap of each “spoke” and pull towards you. Work your way around until it comes off.
You’ll feel how much pressure to put on once you do one, don’t try and rip the whole thing off in one tank though.
It takes a bit of yanking as they are held in there pretty tight.
Around the outside is some felt tape so be careful to not disturb that (it’s there to stop rattling).
To put them back in is the reverse, just line up the tyre inflator hole with the stem and push it on then work your way around. Mine took a little whack with the palm of my hand to clip back in.

Reactions: BTRProducer
Pretty easy, just put your hands thru the gap of each “spoke” and pull towards you. Work your way around until it comes off.
You’ll feel how much pressure to put on once you do one, don’t try and rip the whole thing off in one tank though.
It takes a bit of yanking as they are held in there pretty tight.
Around the outside is some felt tape so be careful to not disturb that (it’s there to stop rattling).
To put them back in is the reverse, just line up the tyre inflator hole with the stem and push it on then work your way around. Mine took a little whack with the palm of my hand to clip back in.
Thanks. Am conscious I don't want to snap any of them if I do take them off.

Am thinking of getting myself some small caps like you have in your photo and giving that a go. Not wishing to go back through 80 pages to find where you got them from, are you able to share a source please? 😊

Thanks. Am conscious I don't want to snap any of them if I do take them off.

Am thinking of getting myself some small caps like you have in your photo and giving that a go. Not wishing to go back through 80 pages to find where you got them from, are you able to share a source please? 😊
Sure thing, it looks like the seller that I bought from is out of stock, but if you scroll down to the related items from this listing there are a few there.

I’m looking for some colour matched ones so looking as well :)