Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took some advice here to keep getting on them, but it may have backfired. I think they're tired of me bugging them. I called early Saturday and they said that the agent assigned to me was in office and would call me today. He didn't. I called back another person said she would personally tell him to call me. Still didn't work. They also didn't answer my messages. 😬

Just for the record, I wasn't nasty.

Message 1 (Friday):
Yesterday it said May 16 - May 23, and the day before was May 15 to May 22, and so on. It keeps getting pushed back and I started my insurance on Monday. The person that I spoke to at Tesla said it's highly unusual since the car is already at the dealership.

But thank you for looking into it

Message 2 (Saturday):
And now today it is saying May 18 - May 25, and I'm sure tomorrow it will be saying May 19 - May 26. My insurance has been active since Tuesday, and I'm waiting on a car to drive. Realistically, what are the chances that it will be ready in the next few days? I keep hearing that this is rare but with no updates. Please let me know any updated information, and if the DC has contacted you back. Thank you!

Anyway, I'm gonna lay low for a while now. It wasn't my intention to irritate anyone there.

I took some advice here to keep getting on them, but it may have backfired. I think they're tired of me bugging them. I called early Saturday and they said that the agent assigned to me was in office and would call me today. He didn't. I called back another person said she would personally tell him to call me. Still didn't work. They also didn't answer my messages. 😬

Message 1 (Friday):

Message 2 (Saturday):

Anyway, I'm gonna lay low for a while now. It wasn't my intention to irritate anyone there.
They’re paid to deal with you and you’re paying tens of thousands for their product. They’re the ones who should be considerate towards your feelings not the other way around.

Reactions: evfangirl and Zap!

Message 1 (Friday):

Message 2 (Saturday):

Be patient, it'll happen. In due time you'll look on this time with fond memories (or not) as you read similar posts from other members.

Has anyone that got delivery experienced phantom braking with the new 2024 Model 3 "Highland"? I was reading a few articles and it seems to be a dangerous issue with Y and older M3. My Mercedes has an emergency breaking system but never never had any issues, or slowed down/stopped for no reason. Is Tesla's phantom braking still a pending/ongoing issue?

Big update: Tesla just called me, and said the reason for the delay was a "scratch" in the windshield, and it's on order. He then said that he had another 2024 Model 3 (exact same one, color and everything) that's ready now, and would swap it out for me.

Just waiting on my insurance to call me back, as the only thing that's changed is the VIN number. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:00 AM. I can't wait! :D

Has anyone that got delivery experienced phantom braking with the new 2024 Model 3 "Highland"? I was reading a few articles and it seems to be a dangerous issue with Y and older M3. My Mercedes has an emergency breaking system but never never had any issues, or slowed down/stopped for no reason. Is Tesla's phantom braking still a pending/ongoing issue?
Yes. Had it in my previous M3 and my new Highland, and an MY I turo'ed for a week last year.

Haven't experienced it with 12.3.6

Reactions: evfangirl
@5150 Completely off-topic, but is your name 5150 because you're a fan of the old IBM 5150 computers from 1981? If yes that's awesome, I am heavily into vintage computing myself, and have the follow-up 5160. In not, sorry to bother you. :)
heh, I was thinking he was 5150 because of psychiatric hold! hahah
Although I've done a lot of computer system designs over the (way too) many years, but nothing IBM related. Worked with the 911/PD so closer to psych hold. :D