Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched TE PW control today. Looks like they alike to keep the PW around 40-60%. It never Fully Charged PW. Thank goodness. I like this better than the first TE Plan. I had. It would fully charge at night. I rather charge at a lower rate and have a chance for Solar production to recharge the PW.
I still love Net Zero. Amazing App.
1715984602408.png

Reactions: DrewHou
I have to say. If anyone is looking to Power their backyard shed , house or storage. The ecoflow is an amazing product. They even have a DC powered HVAC system. I might buy it later. I already owned 3 portable AC units. During the summer. I do have to use Shore power. I currently run an extension cord to the shed. From October to April. I would not need that to give it extra watts. To keep a climate of 80 degrees 24/7.
Currently I only have half the solar panels I need to max the unit out. I have about 500 watts. I can max the Delta max out at 1000-1200 watts I believe. Copper cost tooo much right now. Later I will run 120v to and from the shed. So I can have the 4kWh to be used on the interior property.
I have the delta max. But I recommend the Delta Pro Max. Just like my house PW. I tried to be thrifty and Cheap out on the size. 😆
The max can expand from 2kWh -6kWh.
The Pro I believe is 3-9.
Great app. Easy control. I have a smart thermostat in my shed. So I know the temperature. I put tools , mulch, lawn stuff and I have a Windows laptop in it. No Mac. 😆 maybe mac later. I’m gonna put a TV in it. I will get another Battery to get the full 6kWh and add more Solar panels.
1715986677568.png

out of power for more than 2 days now. 400 Amp (2 x 200 service lines). Each connected to a power wall (so 2 total power walls). they held up quite well. Only issue i faced was that during normal times (no grid failure) my system has no problem running 2 ACS on one of the (bigger) service lines, but kept on tripping due to surge. But I can can run ACs one by one.... but power wall definitely a blessing at night. as expected ran entire night for fairly big house with 5 refrigerators with no issues....

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Haven't had power for two days, up on the NW side. Just found out 1 of my 3 PW is not working. I had 90% and it was only showing a 13 hour run time when my home was using 1.1 kW, that was a red flag. Still shows 3x PW on the app. Talked to support moments ago and they said it shows it has been out since April. Zero notification and I'm given a 4-6 week replacement. Not happy with this.

• Informative
out of power for more than 2 days now. 400 Amp (2 x 200 service lines). Each connected to a power wall (so 2 total power walls). they held up quite well. Only issue i faced was that during normal times (no grid failure) my system has no problem running 2 ACS on one of the (bigger) service lines, but kept on tripping due to surge. But I can can run ACs one by one.... but power wall definitely a blessing at night. as expected ran entire night for fairly big house with 5 refrigerators with no issues....
My 22kw generator ready if my PW's go belly up

You will want to get a soft starter on each of those AC units. One main reason I went with 4 Powerwalls was to make sure I can start my 2 AC units at the same time in the event of an outage. Even with the four Powerwalls, I decided to install a soft start on each of my AC units outside. Soft starters will dramatically reduce the in rush surge amperage when the compressor starts. My large unit has a rated LRA of 109 amps, but with the soft starter, it usually draws in the low 30's.

I have two of the X48 units.

• Informative
did your system hold up well? glad that we did not have food waste like a lot of people around us. most in my neighborhood have generators....
Power hasn’t went out for me since 5/13/2024
most of my Development has power. The next area over. A lot of people still don’t have power. Homes , Schools, traffic lights. Most stores have power that I’ve seen Best Buy at least.

If we run out of food. Send us the address. Wow 5 Fridges
Amazing.
I have 2 and a freezer. 😆 I had 3 but I brought one to work.

Last edited: