Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did my Tesla say “I call shotgun” while I was driving? Is it some Easter Egg? Has anyone else had this happen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Last night I was driving with a friend and my Tesla M3 highland randomly said “I call shotgun” while we were talking.

Has anyone had the car do this before? Is it some Easter egg situation? I vaguely recall that we were talking about how good the car would be at drive-by’s, on account of how quiet it is.

Hi all,

Last night I was driving with a friend and my Tesla M3 highland randomly said “I call shotgun” while we were talking.

Has anyone had the car do this before? Is it some Easter egg situation? I vaguely recall that we were talking about how good the car would be at drive-by’s, on account of how quiet it is.
I think your friend is a ventriloquist and he's LHAO right now.

• Funny
Reactions: RTPEV
Hi all,

Don’t think we’ll get that in the US. We drive in the left seat.

That sounds like an Easter egg, but Googling doesn't bring anything up. What Toybox features were you playing with?

What did the voice sound like?

And you, uh, both heard it, right?
We did the light show, boombox, megaphone, and mars rover.

The voice was the GPS voice, the exact same one that is used to navigate.

Yes, we both heard it. I also googled it and could t find anything, so perhaps we are both going crazy?

Both completely sober at the time, just to be clear 🤪