Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1000 Mile Road Trip on 2020.24.6.1 - Never been happier with my MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The night before I left to drive from Austin to Quincy, Illinois I received the update and installed it. From the second I backed out of the garage to leave and got the new side camera view I was happy. But it continued to get better! The lead car green light feature is a great incremental step and worked pretty well.

Going north on I-35 I was able to drive close to 800 miles on full NOA and am very impressed with the highway capabilities. I was often able drive 10mph over the limit with no restrictions and that is as far as I usually push it. Efficiency was better than I have ever seen, in places dipping down as low as 231 WPM in 90 degree temps.

Not sure if it's me or Tesla has improved the route planner, but it seems more in line with ABRP to the point that I did not use ABRP. No long charges and more use of the first half of the charge.

FSD seems smoother than ever in general, with noticeable improvements in merging and lane changes, and a better general "awareness" of the surroundings. All-in-all I am very happy with this update and it just goes to show how software makes these cars shine! After what I would consider a "dry spell" in useful driving and FSD updates, this one hit the mark!

After one year of ownership, I don't think I have ever been happier with this car.