Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 S p85. car sat 7days @ Airport. charge was 70%, 60% after 7 days. does this mean I need new battery or hopefully something less expensive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3767.jpeg

In terms of your subject, in the summer here in TX, I'd allow up to 5% per day loss for the car cooling itself during the daytime heat. I just had a trip in June with covered parking and lost 2% per day (and that's with the car in deep sleep, I did not check it for a few days).

As far as the message in the picture in your post, agreed with ucmndd, probably a HV battery issue.

Upvote 0
In terms of your subject, in the summer here in TX, I'd allow up to 5% per day loss for the car cooling itself during the daytime heat. I just had a trip in June with covered parking and lost 2% per day (and that's with the car in deep sleep, I did not check it for a few days)
That seems odd and contrary to my own experience. With cabin overheat protection off, my car does basically zero “cooling itself” whatsoever.

I just left my car for two weeks at my brother’s house while we were on a trip, outside in full sun, with ambient temps between 95-110 F.

I parked at 66% and returned to 61% 14 days later. It was over 150 degrees in the cabin when I unlocked the doors and woke the car up. 😂

Upvote 0
That seems odd and contrary to my own experience. With cabin overheat protection off, my car does basically zero “cooling itself” whatsoever.

I just left my car for two weeks at my brother’s house while we were on a trip, outside in full sun, with ambient temps between 95-110 F.

I parked at 66% and returned to 61% 14 days later. It was over 150 degrees in the cabin when I unlocked the doors and woke the car up. 😂
I do not have cabin overheat protection enabled, so I should have said "battery tending" instead of "cooling itself". When I've heard it, it's a fan running that isn't either of the cabin AC condenser fans.

I can't say I've seen 150 as a temp listed in the app...usually when I open the app to start the AC, it's in the 115-120 range. But 1-2% loss a day with no driving has been pretty consistent for me the past 2-3 years. For my June trip specifically, we parked at 61% and returned 6 days later to 49%.

Upvote 0