Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S P85 vs. 2015 Model S 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI All,

I am currently in a market for a used tesla model S. My main preference for the car is how it drives, the look, and mile range. I really do not care too much about the upgrade sound feature nor the autopilot feature because with a car like this, I want to enjoy every minute driving it.

That being said I am very close on pulling the trigger on a 2013 Model S P85 with 26k miles on it for 45k. The car has the 21' black rims with pano roof, spoiler and a full clear wrap on the exterior of the car to avoid any scratches and dents.

I am also in talks with another owner selling his 2015 S85D with 15k miles for 55k. This car has a blue exterior with 19 inch wheels and the pano roof and no wrap.

Which option should I go with? I think both are decent prices and I am fine with either black or clue color. Is 10k worth the difference between a 2013 and a 2015 model?

Would love to get your thoughts.

I'd say go for the dual motor -- the only thing that I don't like about my 2013 is the slight fishtailing effect when flooring it and the road is wet. The dual motor cars I've test driven have never had this and I floored them in the rain multiple times.

Btw, you can get a 85D's with a 4 yr Tesla warranty for much less.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-11_16-27-46.png
    upload_2018-10-11_16-27-46.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 94
Does either have the ESV (extended warranty)? If neither do or both do then I would say that if you dont care about the new features or AP go with the P85 as its basically the best car tesla has made other than the P100D and its 10k cheaper. Nothing on the road will beat the P85. 21's look sick. The 2015 will have a much better build quality and more years left on the DU and battery warranty.

HI All,

I am currently in a market for a used tesla model S. My main preference for the car is how it drives, the look, and mile range. I really do not care too much about the upgrade sound feature nor the autopilot feature because with a car like this, I want to enjoy every minute driving it.

That being said I am very close on pulling the trigger on a 2013 Model S P85 with 26k miles on it for 45k. The car has the 21' black rims with pano roof, spoiler and a full clear wrap on the exterior of the car to avoid any scratches and dents.

I am also in talks with another owner selling his 2015 S85D with 15k miles for 55k. This car has a blue exterior with 19 inch wheels and the pano roof and no wrap.

Which option should I go with? I think both are decent prices and I am fine with either black or clue color. Is 10k worth the difference between a 2013 and a 2015 model?

Would love to get your thoughts.

Have you looked at this 85D with an asking price of $50K? If you can get it for around $47-48, you'd have a much better vehicle with Autopilot for only $3-5K more.

Model S / 2015 / Midnight Silver - c43f5 | Only Used Tesla

There are also 11 85D CPO cars Tesla is selling with a 2 or 4 year warranty that are all under $50K. If you find one that is not damaged, that would also make food a good buy but if you look at CPO cars, be ready to decline cars that are damaged.