Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32 9ea02cb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW: according to the service tech I was talking to, the standard reset just resets the CID; it won't have any impact on autopilot systems. Not sure how accurate that is(perhaps @verygreen or someone can comment)
the power-off option powers off everything but the CID, but not immediately.
about 1.5 minutes to power AP computer down (just before it turns off you'll hear a loud fan noise from around glove box that then stops, of if it was already hot it'll just stop -that's how you know AP computer turned itself off).

Of course power off like that does not wipe any data on the AP computer so whatever calibrations it has are still retained (it does help with resetting the hung state that it enters after having 3 crashes in a row, though - manifested as no AP available and no speed limit detected anywhere).

about 1.5 minutes to power AP computer down (just before it turns off you'll hear a loud fan noise from around glove box that then stops, of if it was already hot it'll just stop -that's how you know AP computer turned itself off).

Of course power off like that does not wipe any data on the AP computer so whatever calibrations it has are still retained (it does help with resetting the hung state that it enters after having 3 crashes in a row, though - manifested as no AP available and no speed limit detected anywhere).

I kind of wish I had waited to apply the update now, since the explanations for the errant behavior are now hard to disentangle. It could have just been recalibrating with the newer build or, presumably, some kind of bad state built up on the AP computer(not calibration, but just some bug state).

@boonedocksthey had me try doing a full restart(going into controls and hitting the "power off" button, letting the car be off for 2 minutes, and then hitting the brake to turn it back on). After that, I also received an OTA update to 2017.32.6 ca28227
Your association of the two made me wonder - I don't suppose anyone's tried to see if a power off can speed up the prompt for an updated firmware?

Your association of the two made me wonder - I don't suppose anyone's tried to see if a power off can speed up the prompt for an updated firmware?

I'd be more inclined to believe it was the call to support for the AS issue. I could see them fast tracking an update to see if they can get someone to cancel a service appointment out of it. More likely than either, though, is probably just coincidence.

Pretty sure power off also does not affect the gateway.

Power Off did nothing for me. Didn't have any positive or negative affect on EAP nor did it initiate any kind of update. Oh well....o_O My S100D is still hanging on to 2017.28.4 like its a life raft in the ocean....

Damn. Well, you could always call into support and try to get an SC appointment. If AS is unusable, that's clearly of a level where support should deal with it, especially if there's a new software update that could fix it.

Damn. Well, you could always call into support and try to get an SC appointment. If AS is unusable, that's clearly of a level where support should deal with it, especially if there's a new software update that could fix it.

Agree 100% With my open EAP TACC AEB open cases one would think it would be sent automatically or by request IF the updates have anything useful besides the CYA ludicrous updates as reported on electrek

Tesla finally unleashes full power of Ludicrous performance cars after customer complaints

Power Off did nothing for me. Didn't have any positive or negative affect on EAP nor did it initiate any kind of update. Oh well....o_O My S100D is still hanging on to 2017.28.4 like its a life raft in the ocean....
Give service center a call

I had the same problem several versions back.

I called the service center asking for the new update. I told them I felt unsafe using AP. They first told me I had to wait. I then requested them to open a ticket regardless because I wanted them to review my car's log.

Less than 2 hours later I received a notification for update. My car was outside the entire time. Never connected to wifi

Okay so I emailed Tesla. I think these updates go beyond the P90DL and also effect the P100DL aswell. The question becomes is does 2017.32.9ea02cb affect performance. I've been away from my car nearly 10 days (having withdrawal so I'm here coping) and I haven't recieved any update notifications which makes me speculate that 2017.32.9ea02cb may also include the power fix (launch mode vs full power without laund mode) Just a theory but I'll wait for Tesla to confirm by email.

Last edited: