Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S HW2.5->FSD upgrade - what do you think the challenge is here?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per the title, I have a mid-2018, refreshed Model S with HW2.5. I pulled the trigger and bought the FSD upgrade and dropped the car off first thing Monday morning. Service advisor was very nice and he said he'd keep me posted of any issues, which if anything usually occured with firmware updates. Barring any surprises he thought it would be done by end of day.
Got a message last night that they needed to push it a day. Not sure what FW I had when I dropped it off, but the Tesla app now shows 2024.8.9, as does Tessie. I do see an error in the messages that cropped up at some point that said something about a DAR firmware error or something, so I think a push failed but in any case they had to push ETA to end of today. About an hour before close I saw the car was reporting "driving" but the location never changed so not sure. In any case that message is gone but now there's one that says "upgrade cameras as needed". Based on my date and HW I believe I have the newer cameras, so is this possibly just one or two being twitchy or do y;all know of anything else that may be tripping this up?