Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traffic cone visualization looks nice. Twitter

EIR-tkFWkAEs_Za
Cue - people cribbing about dancing cones.

If that's the case then it's time for Tesla to start updating/retrofitting our cars to HW3. As an early FSD buyer (twice) I've been in no hurry for that but as soon as I see divergence in the software branches I'm ready for my "free" update to HW3.

They have already started retrofitting the HW3 computer into cars where people have purchased FSD. (You can't ask for it but they either do it when you are in for other service or call you when your retrofit kit gets shipped to the service center.)

"Have received" does not equal "won't receive." AP2 cars who've paid for FSD will eventually get the HW3 upgrade free as well, but MCU2 upgrade remains up in the air and unrelated.
That's just per Elon's tweeting. We usually see evidence in the firmware for things to be delivered 3-6 months into the future. Meanwhile the AP2 radar driver and steering and camera filters don't seem to be in HW3 firmware....

Maybe for some definition of eventually.... Doesn't seem like we should be holding our breaths.

Tesla autopilot HW3

Look at that, "check back some time next year"

Curiously, a few Reddit users are reporting that cones are detected only with HW3 and not with 2.5! If that's right, it will be interesting to see if HW3 cars now have different software overall with better performance, or if they just have that one extra feature running.

36.1 starting to roll out now. : teslamotors

I can confirm with testing today that 36.1 on my TM3 with hardware 2.5, did not detect road construction cones in multiple easy tests.

Got 36.1 last night. One pedal driving is amazing. Loving it. No more rolling through stop sign tickets. (not a joke unfortunately).
I need to get used to stopping distance as it’s stopping too soon.

only weird thing is impact of it to backing out in reverse. Really was surprised this morning coming out of garage. Very different feel reversing.
Ditto this. One pedal driving is totally awesome. It works exactly as I thought it would.

However, backing into my garage feels a little weird because instead of coasting (very slowly) and riding the brake I have touch the accelerator and come off of it when the beep tells me to stop.

Reactions: Vad42
That's just per Elon's tweeting. We usually see evidence in the firmware for things to be delivered 3-6 months into the future. Meanwhile the AP2 radar driver and steering and camera filters don't seem to be in HW3 firmware....

Maybe for some definition of eventually.... Doesn't seem like we should be holding our breaths.

Tesla autopilot HW3

Look at that, "check back some time next year"
Yep I didn't say when. I'd never dream of saying 3 months likely 6 months definitely...

Ditto this. One pedal driving is totally awesome. It works exactly as I thought it would.

However, backing into my garage feels a little weird because instead of coasting (very slowly) and riding the brake I have touch the accelerator and come off of it when the beep tells me to stop.

HOLD is definitely feels unnatural in reverse. I think it should be separate option to turn that off

Any information about delayed charging?

Have tested this on 36.1 with an departure time of 8h am. Car starts charging around 4:15am, My limit was on 60% 07:41h am i waked up the car with the app. i live in Europe (netherlands)

See teslafi picture

drain.JPG