Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 refreshed tempest wheel fitment on older Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had tempest wheels from 2023 fit onto my 2018 model s. Only way to fit was with half each spacers on each wheel. Wheels stick out of wheel well slightly. Doesn't look too bad. However, the reason for doing this was for better range of the aero wheel. I'm not convinced that's going to be the case, due to a few factors. we'll see.
Curious if the range savings from aero was negated by having wider tires.

I have a full set pf Plaid wheels on my 2013 P85+
Front 5mm spacer and a 9.5 x 19 rim 255 45 19 tire (rubs a little when reversing and turning)
Rear 5mm spacer and a 10.5 x 19 rim with a 255 45 19 tire (a little stretched) fits and looks good.
The car complained a little because of the Tempest wheels were staggered with a slight difference in diameter. Now that have a 'square' setup I selected the slipstream wheels that all use the same size tire.
Below is the stretched 255 45 19 on the 10.5 x19 rim.
zHkqlHshSnubQpfsMq5iHw.jpg

Hello I have 2016 90d and I was thinking about trying the staggered 19” tempest wheels. So looks like 5mm spacer for front & 10mm spacer for rear?
255/45/19
285/45/19
I’m about to pull the trigger on these rims just want to make sure it will work before I buy them. Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Hello I have 2016 90d and I was thinking about trying the staggered 19” tempest wheels. So looks like 5mm spacer for front & 10mm spacer for rear?
255/45/19
285/45/19
I’m about to pull the trigger on these rims just want to make sure it will work before I buy them. Any help would be appreciated
I think you will need to replace the rear tires for ones that are a little less wide.
You can use the 10.5 rims and 5 mm spacers but use the 255 45 19in tires mounted on the rims.
If you use a 10mm spacer you may need to replace the studs so you can get 8 full turns of threads engagement.
This whole thing is a tight fit. it will rub a little when you drive in revers and turning hard.

Reactions: Jbjwc1
I think you will need to replace the rear tires for ones that are a little less wide.
You can use the 10.5 rims and 5 mm spacers but use the 255 45 19in tires mounted on the rims.
If you use a 10mm spacer you may need to replace the studs so you can get 8 full turns of threads engagement.
This whole thing is a tight fit. it will rub a little when you drive in revers and turning hard.
Hello

Thanks for the info I appreciate it . 👍