Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Highland Model 3 - Minor Issue - Door LED Light Bar Cracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi team!

Wanted to bring this up as another issue with the Tesla Model 3 Highland.

As we are using the car, I've noticed these cracks forming. At first I thought they were hard water that got behind the bar after they initially repaired the car for the trunk leaks, but it got worse as time went on. These cracks formed right above the door's interior handles. I thought at first they were from the vibrations when closing the door, but it seems to be more for the flexing of the door panel when pulling the handle to close the door.
1715493884231.png

This picture is of the front driver side door. The passenger side door also has it as well, at the same location which is right above the door handle. The rear doors don't really have them as the handles are not used at all (probably can count the amount of times it was used using my fingers).

I created a Service Ticket and they have a mobile Service scheduled on May 16th to replace the light bars for free. The only problem is that I'm worried that this issue will just come back in a few months as we continue to use the car after they are replaced.

Ah, the first world issues of buying a brand new, expensive car that is fresh out of the Fremont Factory, haha. I'm curious if any other owners are having this issue as well, or if there are any documented cases in Europe and China having this same issue.

Thanks for your time!