Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which mass production automotive company would you consider as having better tech than Tesla?
I don’t think I’d necessarily say any of them do. But I don’t think Tesla is a “tech company” as many tout. It’s an automotive company that dabbles in software, often times poorly (see: everything about FSD)

That tech company reputation sure helps pump up the stock though. Still find it so asinine that its market valuation is higher than basically all of the other car companies combined.

I don’t think I’d necessarily say any of them do. But I don’t think Tesla is a “tech company” as many tout. It’s an automotive company that dabbles in software, often times poorly (see: everything about FSD)

That tech company reputation sure helps pump up the stock though. Still find it so asinine that its market valuation is higher than basically all of the other car companies combined.
Your "see everything about FSD" is the disconnect. FSD is ridiculously impressive technological feat even if not near the level Tesla hyped it. Their OTA updates, FSD, BMS, UI, trip planning, etc. are all better than most companies because they are a tech company. Most use third-parties for those aspects or do a poor job.

IMG_0945.png

Looks like 265@ 90 ish percent. So. Yeah still not 300. Still no one should be surprised because MATH.
You are assuming it's exactly 90%, which would put it at 295 miles, but it could be 88% or that vehicle could have been driven for other tests. There are a ton of factors there. The point is, it's right about what they promised. The price is something we will have to see, but no one should be disappointed in that number.

You are assuming it's exactly 90%, which would put it at 295 miles, but it could be 88% or that vehicle could have been driven for other tests. There are a ton of factors there. The point is, it's right about what they promised. The price is something we will have to see, but no one should be disappointed in that number.
I literally said "ish" you even quoted it.. so.. yeah no.. and if you zoom in it looks like a small amount of the final bar is filled in which would indicate just above 90% again... at this point theres no reason to argue over this.

Reactions: Cheburashka

This is what I reserved and if for some odd reason they honor the $49999 then I might be 80 20 on trading in.

Hopefully the 18’s provide better efficiency. I really can’t wait until tomorrow. It is the biggest reveal in while IMO.

I literally said "ish" you even quoted it.. so.. yeah no.. and if you zoom in it looks like a small amount of the final bar is filled in which would indicate just above 90% again... at this point theres no reason to argue over this.
You were the one who said I still want it I just prefer honesty to complete bullshit. There's nothing BS about that. It's what was promised at launch. You are arguing about it when you don't have the full story.

Now that indicates we likely won't see a 500 mi version with those batteries, but that's a different discussion.

maybe beast mode is just a.... MODE.... and not an entirely different model???? come on guys lol
Why would you make that assumption? Elon and the Tesla app both insinuate that there's a beast mode spec that is tri-motor and faster than the dual.

I'm not saying this model is the beast mode version, but that's what Elon is calling the performance CT.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Some online are saying he's in the beast mode version, which will have less range. Not sure how they got to that conclusion, but we'll see tomorrow.

Fan Boys Fan Boying again…. Changing a mode is not going to automatically change range, my understanding “Beast Mode” is just a mode to get 0-60 in the 2.9. It’s no a driveable mode.

Why would you make that assumption? Elon and the Tesla app both insinuate that there's a beast mode spec that is tri-motor and faster than the dual.

I'm not saying this model is the beast mode version, but that's what Elon is calling the performance CT.
lets see.. well its called beast MODE.. for starters..... on rogan elon said it HAS beast mode, not a different version. but whatever im a ****ing idiot because im not sucking farts right out of Elons ass my bad team sorry.