Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet that car was just not locked, so the spoiler was in the up position. The spoiler doesn't fully retract unless the car is parked and locked. I accidentally switched my X to turn off the walk away lock and didnt lock the car. When I came back to it, the spoiler was still up. If I have walk away lock turned on. Then it usually retracts within 15 seconds of walking away.

Nice. So 90d with active spoiler. Awesome. Any other nice surprises? Any issues?

My 90D has an active spoiler with 3 positions. The down position can only be forced by powering the car down (either manually from the display OR by taking the keyfob away from it). Otherwise, the wing comes up when starting the car and it moves based on speed

Nice. So 90d with active spoiler. Awesome. Any other nice surprises? Any issues?
No major issues. A few minor punch list items. But no where near the types or number of issues some were having on late March and earlier builds (touches wood).

Coming from an S60 Classic, really loving the extra range. It will make some road trips so much easier (and in some cases, possible).

I have already gotten used to the self closing doors when stepping on the brake (and being able to open/close any/all doors from the console).

Let's be clear, every none-Premium 90D came with a spoiler (active or not). Am I right?

Does anyone has a model X that does not come with a spoiler?
Yes, all Model-X come with a spoiler - that's where the rear brake light is located. The premium package is supposed to provide an Active Spoiler, but it appears that (at the moment) non-P also have an active spoiler.

I have not gone through this entire thread but I wanted to share something I learnt today. Pardon me if this is well known already but this has been a point of confusion at least for us 75D folks. I saw the non-active spoiler today. I am regretting not taking pictures but I will try to explain the difference between active and non active spoilers. On the non performance (not premium/PUP) variants the spoiler is fixed in the upright max position for brake light visibility and there are no grooves/channel for the spoiler to move. On the performance variants there is obviously a groove for the spoiler to retract and move up and down with a circular cap like structure with a hole on the ends of the spoiler (possibly a sealing/seating mechanism). I was told by the DS that all non performance variants on all Xs going forward will have the fixed spoiler.

I have not gone through this entire thread but I wanted to share something I learnt today. Pardon me if this is well known already but this has been a point of confusion at least for us 75D folks. I saw the non-active spoiler today. I am regretting not taking pictures but I will try to explain the difference between active and non active spoilers. On the non performance (not premium/PUP) variants the spoiler is fixed in the upright max position for brake light visibility and there are no grooves/channel for the spoiler to move. On the performance variants there is obviously a groove for the spoiler to retract and move up and down with a circular cap like structure with a hole on the ends of the spoiler (possibly a sealing/seating mechanism). I was told by the DS that all non performance variants on all Xs going forward will have the fixed spoiler.
This is the first report of anyone actually seeing a fixed spoiler in the flesh. Really wish you'd taken a picture! :eek:

Was this on a yet to be delivered 90D? Or was it on an X still on the production line?

Did the rear hatch glass extend underneath it all the way?

Thanks for the report. I was hoping this change was still a few months out.

This is the first report of anyone actually seeing a fixed spoiler in the flesh. Really wish you'd taken a picture! :eek:

Was this on a yet to be delivered 90D? Or was it on an X still on the production line?

Did the rear hatch glass extend underneath it all the way?

Thanks for the report. I was hoping this change was still a few months out.
Yes this was an X waiting for delivery. A 90D PUP.
Yes, the glass extended all the way beneath the spoiler just like the active ones.
**facepalm for not taking pictures**

So 3.8s/3.2s accelation can not be the straw but spoiler that comes down is? That's what I call priority. :D
Oh trust me, the 3.8 is the real draw for sure. Just need a bit more than that to push me over the edge of the more $$$ and less range conundrum. :D:cool:;)

Oh and I should add that I'm trying to a responsible adult and you're not helping! :p;)

Last edited:
Posted with details elsewhere.
Fixed spoiler, was going thru pics when I spotted I may have taken a teaser pic. Cropped and enhanced a bit.
20160513_203106.jpg

Just ordered a 90D loaded including PUP and was also hoping for the "bonus" spoiler. I test drove a 90D today and it did, indeed, have the moving spoiler. Very nice in person, and I'm disappointed that it's unlikely that my car will include this feature.

There are existing threads on this.

Non-P cars aren't supposed to get the "Active Spoiler" -- as seen in the design studio -- but so far... every 90D delivered has it. This may change in the future; the factory is a giant black box.

I just looked at the owners manual in my Tesla ,ive ordered the 90d but just confirmed no vin yet. Anyway in the manual it shows active spoiler and has this statement

The Model X has a rear spoiler designed to improve aerodynamics. The position of the spoiler can vary depending on the status and speed of Model X: • When Model X is in Reverse or when driving speed is below 10 mph (16 km/h), the spoiler provides maximum visibility behind Model X. • When driving speed exceeds 45 mph (72 km/h), the spoiler lowers to the position that provides the most effective aerodynamics. • When Model X is powered off and locked, the spoiler retracts. To allow the spoiler to automatically move as described above, touch Controls > Settings > Service & Reset > Spoiler > Automatic. To disable automatic movement of the spoiler, which keeps it in its extended position, choose the Extended setting. Note: If the spoiler can not automatically lower or raise, the instrument panel displays an alert.