Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D GVWR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the pics of Elon's P90D that were posted in the forum, I understand that P90D is over 6000 lbs GVWR and may qualify for Sec 179 deduction. I asked for GVWR for 90D 7 seat config to buildmyx team and they called me to say it was below 6000 lbs. However, the number he gave me matches the curb weight that I saw somewhere else 5440lbs(??). And thus, I am not sure if I got the correct info.

Can someone please post a reliable source of information on GVWR for 90D - either a pic of the manufacturing plate or a confirmed response from Tesla? I need this so my CPA can advise on Sec 179 deduction and I can finalize my MX config.

Oh yeah right..duh...I should have known that. However, I got a call from Fremont today and they confirmed that both 90D and P90D will be over 6000lbs GVWR. The curb weight difference is only a 100lbs and P90D is way over 6000 so no reason for 90D to be less. I am assuming that the first time Tesla called me last week, the guy was confused between GVWR and curb weight.