Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A dilemma about a Ford Mustang Mach E on Order - What would you do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting how all of a sudden the Tesla forum has been a place for Ford owners and proponents have gravitated to. Just sayin....
Yeah, it's odd. Thing is, asymmetric warfare and/or weird marketing is a thing. And there's posters who've been identified as, well, trolls, who hang out on the investment forums and continually say negative and, well, false things about Tesla. Going back years.

On another, now dead forum I used to inhabit, there were people who definitely worked in lock-step with short sellers. The place was so badly infested that, eventually, it was shut down: No good information could be got there from the pollution.

So, here's Ford, with a semi contender with some bugs (what else is new). And here's a thread where the OP cometh up and say, "Hey, should I buy a Ford? Why, yes, I should buy a Ford!" Despite all the worrisome things pointed out.

And here's another poster dog-piling right on in.

I dunno. As a Tesla owner, I'd find it a bit odd if I hung out on Ford, Porsche, and VW forums and said Good Things about Tesla. I mean, the wrong.. audience, right?

Thing is, all the forum posts get indexed on various search engines. People looking for comparisons.. Is this a Ford marketing ploy?

The OP has a Tesla. @voxel has owned a Tesla or two I believe, and has one on order. It seems pretty clear @83girl is a Tesla solar / powerwall customer.

I once helped spot and report an influx of spam accounts propping up another automaker on TMC, but I'm not sensing that this time. Everyone here seems to be a legit past, present, or possible future Tesla customer with reason to be here beyond talking about Mach-E's. Sharing a Mach-E ownership experience seems highly on topic in this thread!
I'm not on this forum to listen to input from Ford owners or proponents of Fords. I've owned 4 Fords in my lifetime and most likely won't be going back in that direction. 3 Trucks and 1 sedan. But I certainly won't bore my fellow Tesla owners with Ford stories.

I'm not on this forum to listen to input from Ford owners or proponents of Fords. I've owned 4 Fords in my lifetime and most likely won't be going back in that direction. 3 Trucks and 1 sedan. But I certainly won't bore my fellow Tesla owners with Ford stories.
@OldPro Then I have to say, following a post about a Ford in the (Other) Electric Vehicles subforum is a strange choice, if you don't want to hear about Ford's. There's nothing unusual or surprising about Tesla customers having non-Tesla cars, which could include Fords and especially the Mach-E (as an EV).

The OP has a Tesla. @voxel has owned a Tesla or two I believe, and has one on order. It seems pretty clear @83girl is a Tesla solar / powerwall customer.

I once helped spot and report an influx of spam accounts propping up another automaker on TMC, but I'm not sensing that this time. Everyone here seems to be a legit past, present, or possible future Tesla customer with reason to be here beyond talking about Mach-E's. Sharing a Mach-E ownership experience seems highly on topic in this thread!

Yeah.. I've owned 2 Teslas, 2 RAV4 Primes, 2 Mach-Es, and ID.4... and currently a new minted cult member of a MINI electric.

I pretty much avoid staying solely on one carmarker's forums.. I've noticed fanboy/girls are all the same. Delusional about their favorite brand.

If you asked me what is my favorite car... I can tell you with 100% confidence it is the Kia Telluride. Maybe that answer will change when CCS charging networks improve in the US, non-Teslas have better efficiency/range, and when Tesla adds standard safety features, ventilated seats, HUDs, etc.

Totally agree with the direct sales approach being better! I'm so happy that Lucid and Rivian are pursuing this method like Tesla.
Nothing against the Mach E itself, but there's nothing like waiting for 20+ weeks for your car to be delivered, and then getting the nasty surprise of a 20k markup:

You keep mentioning you have a "locked in" price because of when you ordered. Are you sure about that? Look what happened to this person a few years ago. Dealerships are scandalous.

Doing great. My car has been hit twice since I bought it. :( Dashcam and Sentry mode saved me from fighting over who was at fault. I plan to write up a post soon about my experiences over the last year and a half of ownership.
Damn dude that sucks! Glad Sentry was there for you though. Could've been even worse without it! Interested to see what you say!

It wasn't hit by a gator from Florida by chance?
😂

No the first time was a few weeks after I took delivery. A guy backed in to my rear bumper while I was parked. I was standing right next to it. It felt like watching your dog run out into traffic. $9000 in damage and almost a year before it was finally resolved.

Second time I turned left, following someone in front of me who also turned left, She realized she went the wrong way and stopped. Before I could even react, she threw it into reverse and crushed my hood. Without dashcam on that one, she could have easily argued I rear ended her. I am still waiting for parts on order before the body shop will take it.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I came back to this thread to share an update. I read all the posts and replies on it since my original post several months ago. I forgot that some readers had thought I was part of a secret Ford marketing campaign. While I don't blame people for being skeptical, I can assure everyone I am a very real long-time Tesla owner and active member of this forum. If you check out my profile, you will see I joined TMC in Dec 18 and have over 1,300 messages posted.

That said, I thought I would share an update. We still have our 2022 MME GTPE and we absolutely love it. It is fun to drive and so far we have had no mechanical issues. The only issue I have with the car has more to do with anxiety about taking it on a road trip. The 3rd party DC fast charging networks for the Ford (EA, EvGo, etc) are still several notches below the availability and reliability of the Tesla Supercharger network. I am glad my wife loves her Ford MME, but personally, if I were buying a new EV today, I would still buy another Tesla, mainly for the Supercharger network. But if Tesla decides to open up the Supercharger network to non-Teslas here like they have done in other countries, then at that point I would take another look at non-Tesla EV's.

I came back to this thread to share an update. I read all the posts and replies on it since my original post several months ago. I forgot that some readers had thought I was part of a secret Ford marketing campaign. While I don't blame people for being skeptical, I can assure everyone I am a very real long-time Tesla owner and active member of this forum. If you check out my profile, you will see I joined TMC in Dec 18 and have over 1,300 messages posted.

That said, I thought I would share an update. We still have our 2022 MME GTPE and we absolutely love it. It is fun to drive and so far we have had no mechanical issues. The only issue I have with the car has more to do with anxiety about taking it on a road trip. The 3rd party DC fast charging networks for the Ford (EA, EvGo, etc) are still several notches below the availability and reliability of the Tesla Supercharger network. I am glad my wife loves her Ford MME, but personally, if I were buying a new EV today, I would still buy another Tesla, mainly for the Supercharger network. But if Tesla decides to open up the Supercharger network to non-Teslas here like they have done in other countries, then at that point I would take another look at non-Tesla EV's.
I’ve had four Mach-Es now and as many Teslas. Premium RWD Standard Range, GT PE, and two Premium AWD ERs (still have one). Nice cars and I’d flip a coin between a Y and MME AW ER as they are more similar than different.

Now… I own a BMW i4 also… and that’s 100% better EV than the ones listed above. Back in the fall of 2022 when the 3/Ys were more expensive than the i4… I’d say run to your BMW dealer to buy an i4 instead. Today… it is $15-20K more expensive and the Model Y is the best value EV in the $50-55K price range. Especially if you are eligible for the tax credit.

I’ve had four Mach-Es now and as many Teslas. Premium RWD Standard Range, GT PE, and two Premium AWD ERs (still have one). Nice cars and I’d flip a coin between a Y and MME AW ER as they are more similar than different.

Now… I own a BMW i4 also… and that’s 100% better EV than the ones listed above. Back in the fall of 2022 when the 3/Ys were more expensive than the i4… I’d say run to your BMW dealer to buy an i4 instead. Today… it is $15-20K more expensive and the Model Y is the best value EV in the $50-55K price range. Especially if you are eligible for the tax credit.
And it's the most available. Most of other manufacturers can only produce about 10K units per year, if that.

And it's the most available. Most of other manufacturers can only produce about 10K units per year, if that.

I argue the Kia EV6 has the most availability at MSRP today. I can pick from 20 in my area and drive off today. Kia shipped too many to the US in a Dec and Jan. Model Ys have wait times again. Price wise the Wind AWD with tech is $8K more expensive than a Y with tax credit.

I argue the Kia EV6 has the most availability at MSRP today. I can pick from 20 in my area and drive off today. Kia shipped too many to the US in a Dec and Jan. Model Ys have wait times again. Price wise the Wind AWD with tech is $8K more expensive than a Y with tax credit.
Well, there yuh go. The EV6 was not so available earlier in the fall, and I question what their manufacturing capacity is.

@OldPro Then I have to say, following a post about a Ford in the (Other) Electric Vehicles subforum is a strange choice, if you don't want to hear about Ford's. There's nothing unusual or surprising about Tesla customers having non-Tesla cars, which could include Fords and especially the Mach-E (as an EV).
Thanks for allowing me read postings of my choice and comment as I wish.