Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AirConditioning Use and other Best practices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve always been anal with my ICE cars and done as much as I can to make them last longer. For example, I wouldn’t sit in an idling car for a very long time with the engine and air conditioning running, I wouldn’t eat in my cars and try to keep them as clean as reasonable, etc.

What are the best practices for the TESLA (Model 3 P)?

Do you turn the AC and fan off before leaving the vehicle? Should you just leave the fan and/or AC on all the time (provided it’s hot outside or course) even when you leave the car?

Any other best practices that could possible alleviate unwanted stress on the car to make it last longer?

Drive more, worry less. :)

The biggest thing you’re going to notice is calendar aging of the battery. Keep your maximum charge rate below 90% to minimize that impact (charge higher if you need to for trips). In terms of vehicle longevity, most everything else is just noise.

160,000 miles and counting on my 2018 Model 3 long range.

Buckle up and prepare for a wide range of comments and suggestions about charging habits, driving habits and random suggestions. ;)

I’ve always been anal with my ICE cars and done as much as I can to make them last longer. For example, I wouldn’t sit in an idling car for a very long time with the engine and air conditioning running, I wouldn’t eat in my cars and try to keep them as clean as reasonable, etc.

What are the best practices for the TESLA (Model 3 P)?

Do you turn the AC and fan off before leaving the vehicle? Should you just leave the fan and/or AC on all the time (provided it’s hot outside or course) even when you leave the car?

Any other best practices that could possible alleviate unwanted stress on the car to make it last longer?

you shouldnt idle an ICE car anyway as you are polluting the environment and harming people around the car (i.e. children).

Turning the AC on or off before you leave the car is irrelvant to the cars longevity but bear in mind that if you turn it off the car wont run the compressor after you leave which means your filters are wet and you get prone to stinky AC.

The best tip i can give you to alleviate unwanted stress and make it last longer is to put the car in the garage, leave the battery at 20-50% and never drive it.

• Funny
Reactions: Kimmi