Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received UWB (Ultra Wideband) phone key functionality on Refreshed MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I finally got 2024.14.9 last evening. Must say the UWB for detection is far superior than bluetooth. No need to sometimes pull the phone out of my back pocket any more. The auto trunk works really well also. Just a little disappointed I did not get the improved auto shift just yet but must assume it is not far off. I have an early build Dec 21, 2022 MS. There was talk about UWB not being available in the earlier MS builds but can confirm mine does have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: zivac87 and ExpatPR
So I finally got 2024.14.9 last evening. Must say the UWB for detection is far superior than bluetooth. No need to sometimes pull the phone out of my back pocket any more. The auto trunk works really well also. Just a little disappointed I did not get the improved auto shift just yet but must assume it is not far off. I have an early build Dec 21, 2022 MS. There was talk about UWB not being available in the earlier MS builds but can confirm mine does have it.
Same for me, received the update yesterday and really like the UWB and the auto trunk updates. What exactly is the improved auto shift going to do differently? Really like auto shift right now and excited for any updates on that.

Are you sure you don’t have it? They moved the location of where it was from the original. I have 2024.14.9 and I have it I’ll check in a few for the update

Are you sure you don’t have it? They moved the location of where it was from the original. I have 2024.14.9 and I have it I’ll check in a few for the update
I may however I have backed out of a few places and turned the yoke however it has not shifted into forward like it should according to what I have read. I do have Auto Shift (beta) switched on. It is in its infancy so maybe not very reliable yet?

I may however I have backed out of a few places and turned the yoke however it has not shifted into forward like it should according to what I have read. I do have Auto Shift (beta) switched on. It is in its infancy so maybe not very reliable yet?
It's a little unintuitive because you have to turn the wheel and hit the brakes for the direction to change. The screen should show the prompt

Reactions: cptnslo
Never use the brakes so maybe thats why. Will try later on today and get back on the results.
To be clear, you just need a quick tap on the brake pedal and then turn the wheel after that, you don't have to hold the brake or brake while turning the wheel. Wait for the chime before pressing the accelerator again. If you hit the accelerator before the chime, it will cancel the change.

Interesting. I also received the update but I got both the UWB and new auto shift. I have an MS with a September 2022 build.

Same for me, received the update yesterday and really like the UWB and the auto trunk updates. What exactly is the improved auto shift going to do differently? Really like auto shift right now and excited for any updates on that.
If you back out of a parking space it is supposed to shift into forward as opposed to you doing so on the screen. As with anything new, it will only get better with time.

Scroll down on this link until you find auto shift (beta)

I got 2024.14.9 last night in my 22 model S Plaid. I have an iPhone 15 pro max and got the prompt to update the key, turned on the auto trunk thing, but it does not seem to work, and the phone doesn’t show Tesla under nearby interactions.

I’ve tried phone restarts, repairing the key, but no dice. Guess I may as well try a reboot of the car, but anyone got any ideas?