Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know what the safe lifting capacity of that jack is though?
This photo shows the label on the Audi jack.
bottom view.jpg

It's rated at 960 Kg or 2117 lbs. It will lift one corner of an Audi SUV. The German engineers had calculated that it's capacity is sufficient.

Most all scissors jacks have an safety capacity of at least 2x to 3x of their rated capacity.

Another nicety of the Audi jack is how little space it occupies. Also, the screw is very smooth with a self lubricating acetal (Delrin) nut. The handle is permanently attached and cannot be lost. With other scissors jacks, the handle adds extra weight.

Has not been introduced here yet. No reason to suspect it's anything to do with regulations (and it hasn't been removed). It has been suggested it needs to wait for the next map update.
Cool, I had it on my previous car, the alert was the “fasten your seatbelt” tone you get on a plane which was a handy addition, not that I hoon around anyway but nice to know where the cameras are when ur on unfamiliar roads

Reactions: Jules22
No. Its standby power use is miniscule.

Mine does not even have an isolator switch (opinion is divided on whether that is mandatory or not under the wiring rules). If I wanted to de-power it, I’d have to flick the circuit breaker.

The other thing is, if you de-powered it, then for some reason wanted to remotely start charging your car using the Tesla App, you would not be able to. It would be a trip to the garage and that would be a hassle. Leave the car plugged in and HPWC powered on.
Awesome, thanks :) i have set up my vin in the charger so i guess there is no real reason to turn it off, apart from im one if those weirdos that likes to turn things off that im not using, hoping that it increases the MTBF haha

Awesome, thanks :) i have set up my vin in the charger so i guess there is no real reason to turn it off, apart from im one if those weirdos that likes to turn things off that im not using, hoping that it increases the MTBF haha

Generally speaking, electronics will last longer if you leave them powered on all the time. Turning them on and off repeatedly increases thermal cycling (electronics getting hot/cold/hot/cold…) and that creates thermal stresses which accelerate device aging and hence increases failure rates.

I only turn stuff off if I know I won’t be using them for multiple weeks.

For anyone awaiting a vehicle on Paganella, she's currently just off the Gold Coast headed south towards Port Kembla. Estimates have her arriving late tonight local time and port authority has her berthing at 0900 tomorrow morning. She has a clear run into PK, Hoegh Trigger (another vehicle carrier) has berthed this morning but there's another spare berth available in front currently empty, eagerly awaiting Paganella.

This photo shows the label on the Audi jack.
View attachment 1012240
It's rated at 960 Kg or 2117 lbs. It will lift one corner of an Audi SUV. The German engineers had calculated that it's capacity is sufficient.

Most all scissors jacks have an safety capacity of at least 2x to 3x of their rated capacity.

Another nicety of the Audi jack is how little space it occupies. Also, the screw is very smooth with a self lubricating acetal (Delrin) nut. The handle is permanently attached and cannot be lost. With other scissors jacks, the handle adds extra weight.
Where can you purchase one of these and the adapter?

Reactions: Mes1
That sucks man, hope they had insurance.
They have third party property but I’be lodged a claim with NRMA anyway (I have comprehensive). Get them to chase it up. Have to pay my excess first but likely will get that refunded since they are at fault. However, I didn't opt for any repairer and NRMA is sending me to motorserv smithfield to assess/repair. The place doesn’t have good reviews and I rather Tesla or their authorised shop work on it.

Reactions: dronus
They have third party property but I’be lodged a claim with NRMA anyway (I have comprehensive). Get them to chase it up. Have to pay my excess first but likely will get that refunded since they are at fault. However, I didn't opt for any repairer and NRMA is sending me to motorserv smithfield to assess/repair. The place doesn’t have good reviews and I rather Tesla or their authorised shop work on it.
You should be able to choose your repairer and not be told where to go, also in SA we don’t have to pay the excess up front in its someone else’s fault

Did sentry pick it up? That would be extra icing on the cake for the insurance/police :)

Where can you purchase one of these and the adapter?
Sorry, I'm not allowed to sell it here. You'll have to search elsewhere or make your own.

Only a few specific Audi aluminum jacks are suitable for conversion, and many used ones are not in good shape.

I found it to be much better than the conventional Porsche aluminum scissors jack that others have adapted.

I did the one as a proof of concept exercise.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichY3
I didnt want to post too much info as we have been disappointed in the past when things didnt eventuate, but in this case its highly likely.

They double checked my preference on premium plates, and when she saw i had no trade in and im fully paid she was like, yeah, stand by for the booking confirmation. I reiterated that im super keen and will take the first available appointment (will have to uber to get there though!) so hopefully it all comes together.

I didnt want to post too much info as we have been disappointed in the past when things didnt eventuate, but in this case its highly likely.

They double checked my preference on premium plates, and when she saw i had no trade in and im fully paid she was like, yeah, stand by for the booking confirmation. I reiterated that im super keen and will take the first available appointment (will have to uber to get there though!) so hopefully it all comes together.
Well good luck mate, hopefully very soon then

Reactions: Tesl3on and dronus
Word of warning, just received a full set of X Car mats from Amazon for the M3H and the front internal mats are different from the rest of the set, they are not textured like the rest and look and feel inferior, I’ve asked the seller if they can swap them out since the front two are clearly incorrect but they reckon that’s all they have at the moment, they said I’m eligible for a refund for the whole set which clearly I don’t want to do, the fronts look nothing like what they have in the image in the Ad, not happy.

Reactions: dronus