Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow hello all what an experience!! So nice from start to finish walking through rows and rows of Teslas, lovely person took time run me thru everything, even though I watched 1000hours of YouTube, still when came to it, I was like umm where's this, where's that, haha and panic kicked in... but after few mins with the car it was all good.

Spent a good 45mins there on top of the 10min she took running thru the car checking panels scratches etc and all was good. It was at 65% charge when I left. Aircond nice n cool, ride was very smooth down the motorway on way home. Changing gears and indicators completely fine!

But two things, first turning the first wide left turn I did I didn't realise the length of the wheelbase coming from short hatchback and I scratched the left rear rim edge took a tiny chunk out of rim edge unfortunately :(

2nd I noticed when doing more than say 80 or 90kph there was like a slight constant rattling sound from infront of me like inside front dash area only higher speeds.

Maybe was aircond noises dunno will have to get checked out

Other than that amazing car love it Pic below in love with the blue so nice in person and especially in the light/sun

Attachments

• 20240203_184517.jpg
    20240203_184517.jpg
    915.1 KB · Views: 24
Wow hello all what an experience!! So nice from start to finish walking through rows and rows of Teslas, lovely person took time run me thru everything, even though I watched 1000hours of YouTube, still when came to it, I was like umm where's this, where's that, haha and panic kicked in... but after few mins with the car it was all good.

Spent a good 45mins there on top of the 10min she took running thru the car checking panels scratches etc and all was good. It was at 65% charge when I left. Aircond nice n cool, ride was very smooth down the motorway on way home. Changing gears and indicators completely fine!

But two things, first turning the first wide left turn I did I didn't realise the length of the wheelbase coming from short hatchback and I scratched the left rear rim edge took a tiny chunk out of rim edge unfortunately :(

2nd I noticed when doing more than say 80 or 90kph there was like a slight constant rattling sound from infront of me like inside front dash area only higher speeds.

Other than that amazing car love it Pic below in love with the blue so nice in person and especially in the light/sun
Pretty

Blue reflections are ace eh

Reactions: Mes1

Awesome, congratulations she looks awesome!

Reactions: Mes1
Any views on windscreen replacement extra on insurance for the Tesla? Just finalising my insurance setup and trying to figure out if it's worth it.

On the one hand, there is an awful lot of glass on the roof, which could crack. But it would be covered by insurance regardless.

On the other hand, how often does something hit the roof really....

Any views?
I’ve just insured mine for next week. NRMA ~$1,300 - windscreen, hire car and choice of repairer. I don’t know if Tesla windscreens are costly to replace, but I’m going to assume they’re not cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: e-enthusiast30
I love how calming it is.
You sit down, AC is on, music is going, lets go. Its effortless and smooth acceleration, eats up any pot holes and oh so quiet.

I parked at the chemist before and when i walked back to the car i had to stop and pinch myself that the car looks so good. I had a few people ask about it. Then whoosh away we go.
Like monkey on his cloud in monkey magic..

Im not sure if there is one best thing. Its an experience every time i walk near it and a privilege to drive it.

The stealth grey looks dope with everything else blacked out. Its going to be next level after the tint…
IMG_8800.jpeg

I love how calming it is.
You sit down, AC is on, music is going, lets go. Its effortless and smooth acceleration, eats up any pot holes and oh so quiet.

I parked at the chemist before and when i walked back to the car i had to stop and pinch myself that the car looks so good. I had a few people ask about it. Then whoosh away we go.
Like monkey on his cloud in monkey magic..

Im not sure if there is one best thing. Its an experience every time i walk near it and a privilege to drive it.

The stealth grey looks dope with everything else blacked out. Its going to be next level after the tint…
I wish my car ate up the potholes lol, the monkey magic reference is gold, I haven’t thought about that show for 20 years. You are going to love it after a tint, I delayed mine on purpose. You will know you and the car a truly one when you sit in it at 1am in the morning, drink in hand watching some random show on Netflix with the seat warmer on, you can’t do that in the Calais :)

Reactions: AusMar and dronus
I wish my car ate up the potholes lol, the monkey magic reference is gold, I haven’t thought about that show for 20 years. You are going to love it after a tint, I delayed mine on purpose. You will know you and the car a truly one when you sit in it at 1am in the morning, drink in hand watching some random show on Netflix with the seat warmer on, you can’t do that in the Calais :)
Well you can but youll probably get arrested haha

Reactions: Cocoboy
Digitally on adobe - the updated version of the software just does your name in cursive but still has the hidden time and date stamp. They just don’t like it
I signed digitally as well. However, in my case I have my actual signature set in adobe. It just need a picture of your signature to generate the digital one. You also have the option to draw, but I’m not a fan of that.